PT5.S3.Q19 - Private health insurance

sssmmmaaasssmmmaaa Member
edited May 2021 in Logical Reasoning 16 karma

Why is E the correct answer? I said C

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    edited May 2021 2249 karma

I've gotten this question wrong so many times before realizing that I needed to go back to the stimulus and actually understand what was going on because if you can do that, then questions 18 and 19 aren't that bad.

So what is the issue at hand? It's kind of interesting because this debate is relevant to politics today, the whole "private versus socialized healthcare." Dr. Schilling's main beef with nationalized health insurance is that individuals will find it difficult to get access to high-tech medicine, like special types of surgery, but with Laforte, his issue with private health insurance is that individuals will be barred from accessing even the most basic of care due to inability to pay. Both have a different perception of the concept of "access."

• Help2222Help2222 Member
    240 karma

On this question, #19, I eliminated B, C, and D, right away. Answer A: showing the tge objections raised by Dr Schilling have no bearing on the question of which of the two systems under consideration is the superior> Dr Schilling did not discuss "superior". So, that eliminated A. Answer choice says: showing that the force of
    Dr Schilling's criticism depends on construing the key notion of access in a particular limited way." This true.

• ryleedoyle36ryleedoyle36 Free Trial Member
    edited May 14 2 karma

Well, I can relate to struggling with understanding the stimulus! It's crucial to really delve into what's happening. The debate about private vs. socialized healthcare is highly relevant today, especially with ongoing discussions about healthcare reform.
    Dr. Schilling and Laforte raise valid concerns about access to healthcare. It's a balancing act between advanced treatments and basic care. It's fascinating how different individuals perceive "access" in healthcare.
    Speaking of protecting loved ones, I've been considering life insurance lately. Ensuring my family's security is a priority. I've been exploring options on https://purecover.co.uk/ .