Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should i take the december lsat

janesp34janesp34 Member
edited October 2013 in General 38 karma
Hey all,
I have signed up for the december lsat but I'm not sure if I should reschedule it. I have been scoring very low on my PT. I am scoring in the low 140s. Would it be a miracle to score in the mid 150s by december? Should I reschedule for a later date? Any comments or suggestions on this

Comments

• KatherineKatherine Alum Member
    136 karma
    Hi Jane,
    I think it is worth taking the LSAT later if you feel that you can improve your score. That may mean putting off law school for a year though. Personally, I wish that I didn't have a low score already on my LSAT record, and I wish that I would have just waited to take the test until I was really ready.

Have you completed the entire 7Sage course? It's really great even compared to other programs. Also, you might want to check out your specific target schools to understand what their average LSAT scores are to get a more realistic picture of your options.

Good luck,

K
  • janesp34janesp34 Member
    38 karma
    Thanks Katherine. I have rescheduled my exam from october to december already and I was skeptical in rescheduling it back then. I haven't improved much since then because I haven't been putting my best foot forward in studying. I'm definitely going to try 7sage. I've already taken an lsat course from a different company and I've read the entire Powerscores bible on LR. I just recently started studying a few hours a day. My last PT only showed an improvement of 3 points. But I should definitely be more realistic and put off the exam until I feel completely ready.
  • K SK S Free Trial Member
    86 karma
    Hi Jane,

I was in your spot back in july. In september I was extremely stressed out. The test was taking over my life. I couldn't handle work and studying. I eventually caved, and decided to take december. I used the Powerscore bibles, powerscore course books, kaplan course books, buddies, went through 7sage yadda yadda yadda. I was extremely stressed about "score" rather than "understanding" .

For me, it took getting a tutor to sit down and go over everything once a week for two hours to understand and do the material. I started using the testmasters books. I don't really see anyone really using them (probably because they are illegal to sell) However, my friend took the course and offered me his books.

Anyway, I am rambling. My advice to you would be to do drills and make sure you understand what you DON'T understand. Go through each logical reasoning section and ask yourself "do I know this" if your answer isn't a strong yes. Do as many as it takes for you to start getting them consistently correct. If you are in need of materials. I have some PDF versions and am willing to assist you. I think there is a way to enjoy actually (yes enjoy) taking this exam. It is kind of fun once you learn its tricks. Each course has something to offer regarding the test. I have tried putting together an outline (which ended up sort of unfinished) putting together 7sage/powerscore/testmasters/what I've learned. I found by writing it out on blank paper instead of typing it without a book in front of me helped.

I don't know if this made any sense. I am not sure where your problem areas are. But mine was LR and it wasn't until i took a step back and realized I need to value quality over the quantity or amount of time I was putting in.

I actually haven't taken a PT (full length) in three weeks. Which is crazy because before I was taking two a week plus timed sections. I don't know if this was the best approach and I suppose I will find out this Saturday when I start testing twice a week again up until the exam.

I don't know if any of this speaks to you. If you need anything/want a copy of my rough outline let me know!

-Kerri

• MidriffMidriff Free Trial Member
    17 karma
    Hey K S sounds like you have put in a lot of work! How long have you been studying for?