Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2016 LSAT

13»

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @TOLedo2016 I also take individual sections when I cannot take a full timed PT. I actually managed to take 3 sections of a PT yesterday and finished it today so I can hopefully join the BR call tomorrow night.
    Great call on individual LG and LR sections during the week. I have been adding a few timed RC's from 1-35 during the week as well and I think that is helping a lot to stay on track.
    All advice appreciated in the juggling act to study:)
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @twssmith said:
    so I can hopefully join the BR call tomorrow night.
    Yay!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Woohoo!!! but I am going to be late joining:(
    GO slowwwwwww on the intro's, come up with the best stumper intro question ever:)
    I have a class until 8:30 est and I really need help on the 1st LR.
    Missed y'all and can't wait!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I really hope I can join at least a few of the BR sessions.. I'm slowly going through the curriculum STILL.. That is coupled with drilling..
  • haley.sinclairehaley.sinclaire Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Shooting for June as well. Currently PTing in 160-165 range and hoping for >170 by test time
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    Does anyone see a huge gap between their actual score and blind review? Currently, I have 11 more points on my blind review, roughly 18 questions more.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    @nantesorkestar I think that's good; it means you fundamentally grasp the concepts, but due to time pressure or tunnel vision or a misreading of the question or some combination of those three you're not producing the goods when you take the test. Try to focus on what exactly the question is asking for, why the right answers are right, why the wrong ones are wrong, and why you reasoned the way you did when you took the test for realz. Maybe you'll realize that something is repeatedly tripping you up.
    431 karma
    @cmelman95 Thanks for your kind advice! I usually spend 2 days blind reviewing my test but use an additional day to review the questions I got wrong. I was supposed to take another PT today but I feel like 7Sage would endorse waiting until I fully grasp my mistakes and maybe drill individual sections instead of rushing towards another PT?

I guess the common misconception is that the amount of PT's are useless if you do not throughly review your test. Is that a correct assessment?
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @nantesorkestar said:
    I guess the common misconception is that the amount of PT's are useless if you do not throughly review your test. Is that a correct assessment?
    Most of your gains (after curriculum phase) are seen with a VERY thorough blind review. PTs are absolutely wasted if you're not doing this after each and every one. It forces you to address and correct your faulty reasoning.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @nantesorkestar said:
    Currently, I have 11 more points on my blind review, roughly 18 questions more.
    Just to confirm, is that after reviewing the entire test, or only after the ones that you circled for blind review?
    431 karma
    @stepharizona I circle the questions I wasn't 100% on and then re-do them during Blind Review. My un-circled questions are factored into my blind review score but I do not re-do them.