Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Major score drop from pt to real thing

emilyeatonemilyeaton Alum Member

Im not sure what to do. I have been averaging 168-170 on pts on this site for 1-2 months but my actual score for the august one was in the low low 160s. Why is this the case??? What am i doing wrong??? Are the 7sage tests somehow scored differently?

Comments

• SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
    84 karma

To my understanding, no they're not scored differently. Sometimes test day can just get the better of anyone, so it's hard to say what went wrong (especially without specific section scoring to refer to).

If you really are consistently averaging where you want to be, brush it off and try again. Sometimes things don't go your way, but they will eventually.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Were you taking earlier PTs? The newer PTs and LSATs are a little harder than the old ones, so this could account for the drop off you saw. I went from 169 > 162 the first time I took a PT in the 80s.

Nerves and test anxiety are also a real thing too so that also could have accounted for the drop.

In terms of the score itself, though, 7sage does it the same way as the real LSATs (the 7sage tests are also previous real LSATs too.)

• emilyeatonemilyeaton Alum Member
    9 karma

Thanks so much for your responses guys! Ive been taking the newer ones which is why i was a bit shocked lol but i guess there is always october?

• addison101220addison101220 Core Member
    edited August 2023 56 karma

Did you take the proctored version of this test? I understand that there were a lot of problems for people who took the online version of the LSAT in August... if you were one of the people who had issues, that may be the culprit.

• emilyeatonemilyeaton Alum Member
    9 karma

Yes lol i was and i had some issues both times - major issues the first time but only slight issues the second
    Did any of you take it in a test center, and if so did what did it look like?