Using pen and pencil + eraser on LG?

isthisonthetestisthisonthetest Alum Member

To clarify, using pen to set up fixed rules/board/pieces, and using pencil to work out questions and then erasing, instead of rewriting out boards multiple times.

I go back and forth and I’m undecided.

Biggest pro with erasing is that I finish games way faster. But those few and far between questions where having past question boards available to review is the only drawback I’ve encountered.

Anyone else have experience or thoughts??

Comments

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

For me at least:
    new boards all the way and it's not even close. Erasing makes a mess and like you said erases valuable information for could be true / must be true questions (I'm not sure I subscribe to the thought that these questions are few and far between however). Additionally it just takes too long once you've gotten good at setting up boards based of your master game board and making inferences to fill out worlds.

The only situation I could see it being worthwhile erasing is if you accidently write something down you didn't mean too.

• PuffinboizPuffinboiz Core Member
    12 karma

For me, erasing would slow me down and so would switching between writing tools. I stick with pencil and I never use an eraser. If I mess something up on my board, I just cross out the board entirely and redo it quickly. I find this to be quicker than getting the eraser, erasing it, brushing all the eraser bits away, then restarting the game board.

• isthisonthetestisthisonthetest Alum Member
    14 karma

Thank you both!!

• katyaleal103katyaleal103 Alum Member
    10 karma

I wouldn't do this if you plan on taking the test in person because they only give you 2 #2 pencils with a bad eraser in my experience.