Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hold myself to time constraints during drills?

chipw207chipw207 Core Member

I'm going through some of the core curriculum after doing a comprehensive study book with Kaplan, and I'm doing some drills now. Would you suggest I hold myself to time constraints during those drills? For example, I just completed a 5 question drill set with a pretty difficult question (5 stars) that I ended up getting correct, but it took me 5 minutes when the suggested time was 1:33. I know there's BR too, I'm just not sure if it is worth it to do timed practice right now.

help

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited September 2023 802 karma

I would do it under timed conditions and then BR. It's pretty important to train yourself to not take 5+ minutes on one question, because on the real test it would most likely mean that you won't be able to finish the section. Aim for around 1:30-2 min for the question, and if you don't get it by then, flag it, pick an answer, and move on.

This will also help you distinguish questions that you don't get correct due to time or because you don't understand.

• chipw207chipw207 Core Member
    23 karma

Thanks for the wise advise!

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Live Member
    90 karma

I'm not a big Kaplan fan. I'd recommend that you use PowerScore Bibles and 7Sage CC. What I did is I didn't worry too much about time at first, but gradually incorporated timed conditions. Furthermore, when I started timing, I would give myself a little extra time. For example, I would do 5 LRs in 15 minutes, then work my way down to 5 LRs in 9-10 minutes.