Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Was Not Able To Finish My October LSAT

denzelle.carodenzelle.caro Alum Member
edited October 2023 in October 2023 LSAT 9 karma

help

I was not able to finish my LSAT. There was an error after the intermission and my screen just went back to LSAC homepage. Proctor did not know how to address this. She told me to exit and message help desk of ProProctor. I was worried this would affect my test and so I asked her if I could continue and she assured me that it would not affect my test. I believed her and left; contacted Proctor was told to restart. And so I did, when I tried logging back in - I was not allowed in. There was a pop-up that said I should contact LSAT. I filed a complaint but I'm worried I may not be allowed for a retake on Oct. 25. I am an international test taker and the money is quite heavy but also the next exam is in January. I'm planning to submit my applications around Nov-Dec.

What should I do? I'm so worried or maybe what should I atleast expect? Will I have to retake all four sections if I am allowed?

Comments

• lsatlover-3lsatlover-3 Alum Member
    8 karma

Hi! So sorry this happened to you, it's definitely a fear of mine. I haven't taken the LSAT yet, so I'm not sure if proctors give you their names or not, but if you have any information regarding the identity of your proctor, make sure you have it written down. If not, take note of the time you took your test and perhaps they'll be able to track down who it is. To my knowledge, the proctoring is also recorded so if she said it wouldn't affect it, this should be provable. I recommend calling LSAC until you can get in touch with a real person. It doesn't seem like this was due to any fault of your own and you should not be held accountable for technological issues, especially if you were reassured that it would not affect you by an official proctor who is representing LSAC. I know people had a lot of trouble with ProctorU in August, and were provided a retake that did not cost anything because the issues were not of their own doing.
    Basically, start thinking like a lawyer and building your case. They at the very least should owe you a refund, and cancellation of any score that could be created from this unfinished test, if not a free retake of the test when it is offered. You paid them (a lot of money) for a service that they did not successfully provide. I wish you best of luck in trying to resolve this!

• Sashell - Student ServiceSashell - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    258 karma

Hi @denzelle.caro,

I edited the title of your post in accordance with forum rule number four (4), which states, "Do not post threads or comments in all caps."

Let me know if you have any questions!