Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Discouraged

Scheduled to take the LSAT Nov 8 and am consistently scoring in the low to mid 150's. Logic games is still my worst section, and honestly I have little faith in foolproofing. Whenever I feel like I'm finally starting to get it, I'll take a PT and see something I don't know how to handle and bomb it. There's so many games, this is starting to feel pointless. Beginning to get very frustrated. What the heck should I do? What would you do if you were me?

Comments

• jaidajeterjaidajeter Live Member
    45 karma

I feel you. I just withdrew from Nov's test today - I'm not ready because im still scoring lower than my goal of an upper 150s. so studying until im consistently hitting near a 3 pt median of my goal. Goal: take test & score well by June 2024 and apply for 2025 cycle. Basically had to revise my plan (legit a few days a go) to give myself plenty of time to focus in on Lsat and Applications rather than rushing this year.

• itscrunchtimebbyitscrunchtimebby Core Member
    16 karma

I'm in the same boat. Consistently getting about half correct on LG, which is tanking my score. My next test is November as well. My goal is to get through three games cleanly on exam day. It is still possible to get a 165 and skip one RC passage or one game, so that's what I'm focused on.

I'm also tempted to cancel and postpone until January 2024, but losing money just sucks. I wish you could still get a full or partial refund at this stage.

• userrrr313userrrr313 Live Member
    23 karma

I feel you! I just rescheduled my test to January. This test is a beast; and I, too, am wondering what I should do differently.

• bradk2sobradk2so Alum Member
    edited October 2023 46 karma

Hang in there, everyone! This test is brutal. I took it September 2022, then decided to retake it one whole year later this September. Come test week, I still wasn't seeing the results I wanted, so I rescheduled (and lost my money) for November. Now, I'm consistently scoring much closer to my goal and these extra two months have been a game changer. There are a lot of factors to consider in regard to rescheduling or even taking a gap year. Just know that no one path is the best for everyone. Go with your gut. Keep at it, hard work pays off.

• tfilip17tfilip17 Core Member
    8 karma

Keep going!!! this is a test you can get better at if you go through the difficult process. While you might not be able to achieve your goal this time, you can achieve your goal later on. Just keep grinding. Go through the syllabus step by step.

Every step matters. Every hour counts. Lets go!!!!!!

• sunpreetgill73-1-1sunpreetgill73-1-1 Alum Member
    46 karma

I feel everyone in the comments. This test is hard and it can be really discouraging espcially when you have been putting in the work for long hours and working really hard. If there is one advise I can give- it is to focus on your weakest section. So logic games, you can master if you stay consistent with drilling and recognizing the patterns which are usually recycled in other games. I went from 14 to 18/19/20 on Logical reasoning since I started studied and understanding all of the flaws.. also once you finish at PT, really try to understand why you got something wrong. Dont feel discouraged- this is all part of the process. We all got this.

• tina.marietina.marie Live Member
    152 karma

You're not alone. I feel so sad seeing people saying they cancelled high 150s. I am working so hard to get there and it feels like it's impossible sometimes. I take it the same day tho. Gotta shake off this rut and get back into it.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    304 karma

LG games was my worse now I miss at most -2 and sometimes - 0. You can get better at it by doing less and simplifying your approach/thinking of it. Its really trial and error with technique so you shouldnt give up