Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

148-> 173 October LSAT

neemaizadioneemaizadio Alum Member

I want to thank this wonderful site and staff for tagging along on this LSAT journey. I want to thank the entire staff for helping me achieve my dreams. Starting off with a 148 Diagnostic I was discouraged and inundated with Reddit wisdom establishing my ceiling as a 158 at best. I leave today knowing that there is no such ceiling.

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Haha. The LSAT reddit said the same about me too. Congrats on your awesome score!

• kescoe26kescoe26 Live Member
    62 karma

Congrats! how long did it take you to see this improvement?

• mjthompson488mjthompson488 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Congrats!

• neemaizadioneemaizadio Alum Member
    95 karma

@kescoe26 said:
    Congrats! how long did it take you to see this improvement?

I started in June. Full time studying until the October exam.

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    346 karma

Hooboy - that's major! I started at the same number. Hoping to finish close to you too : ). Congrats!!!

• Aww congrats! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! You've worked so hard and you deserve it! Good luck in law school! Wishing you the best :)

• brooke-7bbrooke-7b Alum Member
    54 karma

WOW that is an amazing score, congratulations!!! I was wondering what a typical week looked like for you. Did you just use the core curriculum and do drills and Preptests or did you use the classes 7sage offers as well? This would be incredibly helpful if you could give some insight:)

95 karma

@"brooke-7b" said:
    WOW that is an amazing score, congratulations!!! I was wondering what a typical week looked like for you. Did you just use the core curriculum and do drills and Preptests or did you use the classes 7sage offers as well? This would be incredibly helpful if you could give some insight:)

I started with the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim and finished that book in 2 weeks. I then moved to 7sage and didn't complete the core curriculum but sporadically referred to it for help with specific question types. The biggest service came with mastering logic games. I really loved the drill function and drilled everyday for a couple weeks and finally moved on to tests. I did one preptest every other day and spent the next day blind reviewing and making sure I understood basically every question on that exam and why I got it right/wrong. Score climbed slowly but surely. I didn't really use any of the classes.

• Xavier166Xavier166 Core Member
    151 karma

Congrats all the best

• HamurabiHamurabi Alum Member
    71 karma

So did you mostly study using PTs and drills? or did you try to build a good foundation/theory first? I am spending way too much time on the Core Curriculum and the Theory and too scared to start PTing unless I am fluent in the core curriculum.

My diagnostic was 140 but I recently did an untimed PT and I only got 6 questions wrong.

• princesanortenaprincesanortena Core Member
    19 karma

Congratulations, deserved! Hard work pays off! <#

• quinnch1quinnch1 Core Member
    10 karma

Care to share what you method was? I feel like I can't get passed the mid 140s and I don't have the money for tutoring..

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2023 613 karma

That's awesome! Congrats, @neemaizadio!

Thank you for choosing 7Sage to be a part of your journey! I wish you all the best—always! 😊

95 karma

@LSATfearSlayer said:
    So did you mostly study using PTs and drills? or did you try to build a good foundation/theory first? I am spending way too much time on the Core Curriculum and the Theory and too scared to start PTing unless I am fluent in the core curriculum.

My diagnostic was 140 but I recently did an untimed PT and I only got 6 questions wrong.

100% establish the fundamentals don't time yourself really get a feel for each question type and game type but don't be scared to jump into practice tests. It's the best way to develop the mental stamina and capacity to work under pressure which I firmly believe is the common denominator among top scorers. You will develop further fluency by just practicing question after question.

95 karma

@quinnch1 said:
    Care to share what you method was? I feel like I can't get passed the mid 140s and I don't have the money for tutoring..

Spam PTs and Drills and blind review. Don't give up this exam is learnable its simply a matter of perserverance.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Way to show those Reddit folks who's boss haha. Seriously, though, congratulations!