Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 days til test, LSAC not responded to accommodations request, what a joke

markmywordsmarkmywords Core Member

LSAC sucks.
I submitted my request for accommodations almost a month ago. LSAC's website says they'll get back to you within 8-10 business days but it may take longer... aka they can take however long they want. We all know best practice is to study and prep as close to how test day will be. But if I don't know if my request will be honored I can't prep. LSAC sucks. They don't gaf about accommodated students. They don't even respond to my emails.

Comments

• ninaaaa15ninaaaa15 Alum Member
    124 karma

call them!!!!

• gabrielmeir53gabrielmeir53 Live Member
    2 karma

Just know you're not the only one - I luckily got my accommodations, but it took until Friday for me to be able to register for a slot.

Literally because of my accommodations Prometric couldn't find me a time slot, for about a week kept saying "we've escalated it and will reach out to you in 3 business days" (they ofc did not) and then when I reached out to LSAC the first time, they hit me with the "that's a Prometric issue, not our problem". Second time was the charm, just ask to speak to their supervisor and they will elevate the situation accordingly.

Everything will (hopefully) work out - wishing you the best of luck on your exam!

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

I understand that frustration. I had submitted my request back in early september and it took them until late october (after i had to spam call customer service multiple times to get an answer) and suddenly it was approved same day. i learned super early that if you want an answer don’t waste your time emailing, try to call during a time CS is not busy (aka mid afternoon at the end of the week) and they might be able to get you somewhere quickly.

I was annoyed w prometric though bc i found out YESTERDAY i could reschedule my test unless it was over the phone and accommodation department doesn’t work weekends so when i finally got on the phone w them today they said the timeframe was passed. If i had known accommodated test takers can only reschedule over the phone i wouldn’t have sent an email request a week ago and tried to do it myself. I hope you get in touch w them and see what the issue is. i was stressed while studying as well not knowing if i was going to have 35 or 53 minutes. it took them basically 6 weeks to approve my accommodations though