Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited November 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 1458 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official November 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the November 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, November 14th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the November 2023 LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the November 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• kaiya123kaiya123 Core Member
    edited November 2023 102 karma

Hey guys, are we allowed to use a pen on the LSAT Flex or are pencils the only permitted writing utensil? LSAC does not clarify...

• anamariaanamaria Alum Member
    edited November 2023 27 karma

@kayyy123 said:
    Hey guys, are we allowed to use a pen on the LSAT Flex or are pencils the only permitted writing utensil? LSAC does not clarify...

used pens both times with no issues! i don't have any pencils so i sure hope so lol (update: pens confirmed ok in the Candidate Agreement - Section 15, https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policies/lsac-candidate-agreement#permitted-items-remote)

• kaiya123kaiya123 Core Member
    102 karma

Hey guys, are we allowed to use a pen on the LSAT Flex or are only pencils permitted? LSAC does not clarify > @anamaria said:

@kayyy123 said:

used pens both times with no issues! i don't have any pencils so i sure hope so lol (update: pens confirmed ok in the Candidate Agreement - Section 15, https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policies/lsac-candidate-agreement#permitted-items-remote)

Thank you!!

• lou.leelou.lee Alum Member
    9 karma

I did my exam this morning, overall fair test, I wish everyone the best! Don't forget to bring water haha doing the LSAT dehydrated was not a vibe. Just treat the actual exam like a prep test and you will be fine. Don't get paralyzed, and if you do, it's normal, just remember that you've got this. Good luck all!

• axib1110axib1110 Core Member
    12 karma

Do testing centers provide pencils/pen and paper?

• emilyyylsatemilyyylsat Live Member
    47 karma

For those who also took October test: how would you compare difficulty in each section?

• Dastin KartoumDastin Kartoum Live Member
    31 karma

Testing Centers provide 2 pencils and 3 scratch booklets.

• on_the_brinkon_the_brink Alum Member
    49 karma

are we allowed to have scratch paper for every section? and is it only 3 sections that they have us do now or the traditional 4 with 1 being unscored

• Shemariel165-1-1-1Shemariel165-1-1-1 Live Member
    114 karma

@axiabely said:

Yes

• 00000RMT00000RMT Core Member
    13 karma

Arrived at the testing site bright and early only to find it was closed due to staff illness. So much for in person tests being less drama.

• PuffinboizPuffinboiz Core Member
    12 karma

@00000RMT said:
    Arrived at the testing site bright and early only to find it was closed due to staff illness. So much for in person tests being less drama.

What did you do? Did they let you retest during November?

• glenchen1056glenchen1056 Alum Member
    8 karma

@axiabely said:

Yes. They give you scratch paper and pencils.

• glenchen1056glenchen1056 Alum Member
    8 karma

@tyessaian said:
    are we allowed to have scratch paper for every section? and is it only 3 sections that they have us do now or the traditional 4 with 1 being unscored

You can have it for all 4 sections. They don't care what sections you use it for. I mainly save it for LG and some LR problems that I write stuff down for.

• yanlaodunyanlaodun Live Member
    31 karma

LG was too time-consuming for me. Did well on the two RCs and LR but the LG, guess i would have to retake it in January

• luke.michael525luke.michael525 Alum Member
    13 karma

Taking the exam this Saturday, feeling good about my ability, I have taken so many practice tests that I don't think anything will surprise me.

• KendrickLamarEnjoyerKendrickLamarEnjoyer Alum Member
    14 karma

How many PTs have you taken luke?

• janmeetdjanmeetd Core Member
    22 karma

Just got done with my exam. I would say it was relatively fair in terms of difficulty. I had two LR sections, one RC, one LG. Surprisingly the LG section stumped me the most, the time seemingly evaporated out of nowhere, I don't think the games were very irregular, just tedious and time consuming. I took the LSAT in Oct as well, and I personally found this one to be a better experience, granted that could be because I am better prepared and I didn't have two RC sections like I did in the Oct exam which really drained me. I also made a concerted effort to stay as calm as possible while taking this exam, and skipped questions that were too hazy for me to attack them effectively to come back to, I think both of those strategies helped greatly. Im sure you guys will all kill it! Regardless a test does not determine your value! Anyways I'm going to sleep for a week straight now I think

• 00000RMT00000RMT Core Member
    13 karma

@Puffinboiz said:

@00000RMT said:

What did you do? Did they let you retest during November?

Per the sign on the door, I called LSAC. They confirmed the closure and advised that Pro Metric would reach out to me to reschedule. They were non-committal when I inquired about make up test eligibility.

I immediately called Pro Metric to reschedule (and good thing I did because they didn’t reach out to me for another two and a half hours.) Best they could do was reschedule for next day at a testing center a couple hours away. They did not have any remote availability.

Not ideal, but at least I didn’t miss the cycle.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Core Member
    67 karma

@janmeetd said:
    Just got done with my exam. I would say it was relatively fair in terms of difficulty. I had two LR sections, one RC, one LG.

Do you know if we all get the same makeup of sections? LG has been the focus of my drilling up until the test (tonight at 9ET) so I think it might actually work out better for me if I had two of them as opposed to 2 LR/RC

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

@"nicholas.leon96" said:

@janmeetd said:
    Just got done with my exam. I would say it was relatively fair in terms of difficulty. I had two LR sections, one RC, one LG.

Do you know if we all get the same makeup of sections? LG has been the focus of my drilling up until the test (tonight at 9ET) so I think it might actually work out better for me if I had two of them as opposed to 2 LR/RC

I also had 2 LR, 1 RC and 1 LG. I wished it was 2 LG as it is my strongest section, but i agree w the first person. even tho it is my strongest section, it was pretty time consuming, i don’t think it was a level of difficulty more or less. so i bet you’ll do just fine

• matisonsmith4matisonsmith4 Alum Member
    30 karma

Anyone else have a hard time with the last LG game?

• Legallyblack-2Legallyblack-2 Alum Member
    245 karma

@matisonsmith4 said:

Me!!! That was an in/out /sequencing game. Very rare game!

• hawkenhawken Core Member
    8 karma

Took the LSAT today and after my first section, it said I had connectivity issues and kicked me out of the test. I was still fully connected to my proctorer, and never lost internet connection. I phoned the help line and they told me to submit a complaint and hope to get approved for the retest on Nov 21st. I am so frustrated I can't finish the test today and now have to think about it for another week. I also need my score back in November because my school applications are due on Dec 1st. sooo I CANNOT have another glitch on the retest day.

Has anyone experienced something similar this cycle or in the past??

• cezeani323cezeani323 Live Member
    edited November 2023 2 karma

Fair test, all the drilling, prep and courses were super helpful. I was able to recollect, formulate and synthesize to my ability without feeling flustered. I do hope that they eventually fix the proctor/remote issue, but other than that this is the most confident I have been about my scores. Thanks to all who helped during my prep! <3

RC-LR-LR-LG

• daciaochoadaciaochoa Live Member
    63 karma

I did the best I could but the prep course and drills were very good in preparing me for today's test day!! Hoping for the best :smile:

• hangdazhanghangdazhang Alum Member
    edited November 2023 35 karma

@hawken I had repeated connectivity issues during the early sections of the test and it wasn't the issue of my wifi because the issue occurred again after I reset my wifi. I was able to quit and re-log into the test to resume according to the proctor's instruction - I wish you could've been able to do that so you wouldn't have to wait till next year for re-try.

• Diana S.Diana S. Core Member
    14 karma

Just got done with the test. Overall, I feel like it went way better than the September test. I had 2 RC sections with the sections going LG-RC-LR-RC. LG was a little bit tougher than most of my drills, but still attempted and answered most of the questions. Good luck everyone!

• Shabooboo101Shabooboo101 Alum Member
    21 karma

Idk how I feel about this test. Just finished and am honestly hoping and praying for the best. Finished everything, for the games I had guesstimated some answers and kept it moving. Games is my strongest section but wheeew this one had me stumped in at least two games where I had to chugg through (and did!) Happy I didn’t have two RC, I feel like that would have drained me more than this already has. Praying for us all and our success. One of the LR sections I had was definitely easier than the other LMAO and that may have been because of nerves, but I’m praying I got through okay on the one that counted which I’m thinking I’d sadly the harder one. I feel like the RC passages were fair… I did my absolute best. 7sage definitely helped me with recollecting myself and not getting frazzled with time. I’m most happy I finished everything without having to randomly guess.

• strugglingplantmom-1strugglingplantmom-1 Alum Member
    18 karma

Test itself was okay, but I was definitely thrown off by the remote proctors. The first proctor I had asked me for my Lawhub password, which I felt uncomfortable giving her directly (granted, you do need to log into Lawhub, but I don't see why I needed to give it to the proctor). I told her I didn't have it written down, so she told me to go get it and come back. Did that, and got a second proctor who didn't ask for it at all. But with the second proctor, you could tell all of the proctors were in a call center and even though they tried to block out the other proctors behind them, I could still see 2-3 of them at any given time which I found really distracting, lol. Overall the proctors were really nice and accommodating, it just threw me off since this was my first actual LSAT.

• issypetersen19issypetersen19 Core Member
    5 karma

Took the test yesterday and the entire test shut down nationally while I was taking it at a testing center. They had to kick 5 of us out of the room we were in (we were all taking the LSAT whereas others in the same room were not) and wait for LSAC to fix the nationwide issue. Did this happen to anyone else? Honestly very glad to have taken it in a testing center because I would have freaked out if I was remote and the test shut down.

117 karma

@matisonsmith4 said:

I definitely did. LG is my strongest section and I felt stuck for a bit of it. I admit, in and out games are one that I struggled with so seeing that in the section caused me to slow down on time for sure

117 karma

Well I took my test last friday. It was my first ever LSAT and now that I’ve rested and adjusted to life again. I’m glad I decided to use Nov as a trial run and now I feel more motivated for January.

I had LR - RC - LR - LG. I was happy to end with LG as it’s my strongest section, although it definitely threw me for a loop as it was more time consuming than I expected. In/Out Sequencing, two I struggled with in prepping but luckily I am good at guessing in those.

I am hoping my first LR was the guinea pig section as it was more difficult than I was expecting and kind of mentally exhausted me for my RC section and I ended up guessing for 2 passages because I ran out of time.

I believe the test was as difficult as it’s supposed to be and although I do not have confidence that I scored where I want, I am confident I did well enough in my current abilities!

Counting down to Nov 29th.

• Xiao Long BaoXiao Long Bao Alum Member
    18 karma

Really praying that this was the last time I'll ever have to take the LSAT lol. What a journey it has been. Wishing everyone good luck and positive vibes, whatever happens on November 29th, we should be proud of ourselves regardless!

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Core Member
    67 karma

Very frustrated with my performance on the test. Going into this I knew that I really needed to have my head screwed on straight for the LG section, and lo and behold that was the section where the wheels threatened to come off the wagon.

I took the test in August and the wheels flew entirely off the wagon that time, as opposed to this time where they wobbled severely but did not separate completely from the wagon. Game 1 was a breeze and I was easily able to do it by rote habits I developed while studying. However, for both games 2 and 3 I missed crucial rules when reading the setup.

Game 2 I did not even realize I missed a really important rule and I went into the questions not realizing until a few in. Game 3 I realized something was wrong during the first question. Because of this I panicked and it threw me off majorly. I managed to compose myself and find both the errors I made in both games but the damage was done. I didn't get near the amount of time I should have had for either game let alone game 4. Game 3 I think I recovered alright, game 2 worse, and game 4 I scrambled through just trying to get as many points as I could. Extremely frustrating for myself because I know I can do better.

My goal was in the 170s. Im anticipating -8 to even -12 on the LG section. I've not given up hope totally on achieving that because I felt very strong on both LG and the RC sections, but I am not planning on it and have amended my applications accordingly.

I am now in a really unenviable position which I did not forsee, which is I am considering taking the test again next year, and based off of that score, possibly turning down any offers I receive in 2024 with the hopes of going to a higher ranked school in 2025... Or maybe transferring... Idk. I hope you all did well and wish you much retroactive luck.

• belquijada4belquijada4 Alum Member
    13 karma

Hi everyone, I took my LSAT on Friday! Did anything else have an issue where the proctors were UNMUTED during the exam? I told them in the chat, they apologized, but they never muted themselves. This was horrible. It was loud and they were all laughing, even if I had my computer on the lowest volume setting, I could still hear them...

• jocelynandrade5jocelynandrade5 Alum Member
    97 karma

Hi @belquijada4 , I had a similar situation except I just muted them. I figured if they needed something they could send me a chat and I'd get to it when I looked at the screen next.

• aidk321aidk321 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2023 3 karma

took my test on Thursday, got RC LG RC LR so I know I have to retake in
    january. Ugh... was hoping to get lucky but I'm doubting that. Good practice run and pretty fair test, I'm just not prepared enough yet. That 4th game was wild lol

• matisonsmith4matisonsmith4 Alum Member
    30 karma

Anyone else> @"Legallyblack-2" said:

@matisonsmith4 said:

Me!!! That was an in/out /sequencing game. Very rare game!

It whooped my butt!!! I hope I did okay on it but I have little confidence over it

• Charger1971Charger1971 Alum Member
    6 karma

I had LR LG RC LR. I feel as if I did really well or really bad depending on which LR section gets graded lol. The latter was significantly harder than the former... or maybe I was just mentally drained by the time I hit the 4th section.

• sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
    614 karma

hey @Charger1971! Powerscore posted a Nov. recap on their Youtube indicating which sections were scored:)