November 2023 LSAT glitches + score

Dianaaa23Dianaaa23 Alum Member

Hi everyone,

I took my November '23 lsat, and the Prometric program didn't work properly. I was logged out 8 times during the test and had to go through the whole check-in process over and over again. The time was stopped, but I am not sure if they counted all my answers. My LSAT score was really low, but I thought I did better because it seemed easier than the ones I had done before. Is there anyone who had an issue during their proctored exam? Also, is it worth doing a score audit or just retaking the exam in January? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• daciaochoadaciaochoa Live Member
    63 karma

Hi, I also took the November 2023 LSAT so I also endured the glitches that came from the November test administration through Prometric. Unfortunately, according to my proctors on the day of test day, LSAC's server was down. I was interrupted during a break session but I don't think it affected my overall testing performance. However, I did conduct some research about a score audit. Essentially, score audits tend to be a hit/miss because if your score is audited, the new score will reflect whether it remains the same, increases, or decreases. Essentially, since the exam is computer-based, it is mostly unlikely that the score is wrong. LSAT cites that since there is some time after a test administration, it is not likely the tests are scored incorrectly per candidate. If you truly feel as though your score was incorrectly graded, I would recommend you take a practice test and see what your score is on that test before proceeding with a decision.

If your score is within the score bandwidth of your test score, it is unlikely that there was a mistake. But if it's not then, perhaps consider the January test or even maybe a score audit. Regardless, don't be so hard on yourself. The LSAT is a challenging exam and it is truly a milestone that you have conquered regardless of whether your score is low/high. Remember that progress is not always linear.

Good luck and I wish you well on all your future endeavors.