Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to do flaws

priceman2000priceman2000 Core Member

I'm having so much trouble with finding flaws in LR. I feel like my NA and Flaw questions are suffering because of it. Can anyone explain to me their process when trying to find flaws?

Comments

• Slippin_JimmySlippin_Jimmy Core Member
    40 karma

Maybe try untimed practice & highlight the premises and conclusion with different colors. This method helps to visualize the argument better and see any potential gaps.

You should learn to adopt a critical/skeptical approach when approaching most LR question (especially flaws) since you know the argument is already flawed. Sometimes a simple question such as, "what's wrong with this argument" might help. Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer is a great book that has helped me approach flaws and invalid arguments from a critical perspective.

As for NA, bear in mind that the argument in the stimulus is flawed. Your job is to figure out what the author is taking for granted when reaching their conclusion. The AC usually contains the flaw.