PT94.S2.Q22 - experiences that are accompanied by..

lucyresarlucyresar Alum Member
edited January 7 in Logical Reasoning 14 karma

Hi, I see how AC C is correct, but I do not see how AC A could not also be correct? Could someone please explain by AC A is incorrect. Thanks!

Comments

• Lemonade170Lemonade170 Core Member
    edited January 7 5 karma

Hi there, according to the conclusion, the details of frightening experiences tend to be remembered more clearly than the nonfrightening.
    I eliminated A by assuming that if there are 100 frightening experiences, and the most intense ones are 10, and those 10 experiences were NOT remembered clearly, due to the reversed effect in A.
    However the conclusion still stands because the majority of the not-so-intense experiences were still remembered clearly. Thus A does not weaken the argument.
    To put it in a nutshell A's problem is with "some", and the conclusion is a causal one not a conditional one.
    Hope this helps

• bythenameoftombythenameoftom Core Member
    13 karma

I thought of it as a reversal being too vague to weaken the argument. Are these adrenaline secreting experiences ones that are remembered more intensely or less intensely? We really don't know. (C) on the other hand is a bulletproof answer because if frightening experiences are remembered more clearly than non-frightening experiences, and highly pleasurable experiences (obviously non-frightening) also increase adrenaline (thus being remembered clearly), we cannot say that frightening experiences are remembered more clearly than non-frightening experiences. If anyone thinks I could've thought about it better let me know.