Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Part-Time Student in Final Semester of BA

Alison LAlison L Core Member

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone knows whether having 'part-time' on my transcript in my final semester has any negative impact on my application to T14 schools. For context, I had credits from APs which allowed me to take 4 instead of 5 classes some semesters and as it is now my final semester I only need 3 courses to graduate. However, while 4 classes is still considered full-time (and 5 classes is the maximum load in a BA at my uni) 3 classes is considered part-time and my transcript will reflect that. Additionally, taking 3 classes gives me a significantly greater amount of time to study for the LSAT which I am aiming to take in April so I can avoid the issue of losing LG in the LSAT.

Is anyone familiar with the issue? Thanks!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8443 karma

Anecdotally, no. I'm at a T14 with several part time (and community college) semesters, and have several classmates and colleagues with less traditional transcripts. And if there were a risk, say for faculty review at Yale, it's so subjective that theres no way to predict. GPA matters far more than anything else.