Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Acceptance with 140s Range

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any chances getting into a law school in the 140 Lsat range & 3.7 GPA?

Comments

• WaffleLawWaffleLaw Live Member
    5 karma

Maybe but I would really consider getting that score up. Your gpa is great but a better lsat is going to give you sooooo many more options.

• agiovanelli09agiovanelli09 Alum Member
    3 karma

Don't waste your time applying. I got a 147 and I thought because I had 4.0 gpa and amazing recommendations it would be enough to get me in somewhere, but boy was I wrong. I got rejected VERY quickly from all 13 schools I applied for. I don't even think they looked at my whole application; they just saw the score and said nope.

• judgetolerjudgetoler Core Member
    5 karma

try to get ur lsat up

• tntigertaytntigertay Live Member
    12 karma

@agiovanelli09 What states did you apply in?

• avneetshopsavneetshops Core Member
    6 karma

@agiovanelli09 Really?!?
    I used LSAC to find the school that fits my UGPA/LSAT & it listed about 18 schools that I have over 50% chance to get in. So I thought I can get in somewhere at least.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8449 karma

@avneetshops said:
    @agiovanelli09 Really?!?
    I used LSAC to find the school that fits my UGPA/LSAT & it listed about 18 schools that I have over 50% chance to get in. So I thought I can get in somewhere at least.

LSAC has a pecuniary interest in getting you to apply to schools.

And even if that were the case, that "somewhere" would likely be somewhere predatory. You don't want to find yourself with loads of debt and no job. But really, a sub-150 score is just not viable. The test is learnable... get that score up.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

Please get that score up. This test is learnable. You can do it. Don’t give up. Even if you can get in somewhere, you’re looking at debt to pay off with interest, which will make it a miserable post experience.