Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How is it like testing in-person? - 7Sage Forum

How is it like testing in-person?

Weixuan4444Weixuan4444 Alum Member
in General 35 karma

I'll be taking my first LSAT in August, and I plan on taking it in-person. I was wondering how the conditions are like?

Also, is it true that the in-person centres use computers and the same interface as remote test takers? I just want to make sure this is the case, as I've never done a PT on paper and don't want to

Comments

• chu.michu.mi Live Member
    19 karma

You would check in, which is a quick process verifying your identity and lock up your phone, wallet, etc., then you'd likely start almost immediately. It won't be synchronized with everyone else in your time slot. I showed up early and I'd recommend that as well. Also, you'll be given scratch paper, a pencil, and access to noise blocking headphones, and the room is filled with a bunch of computers and probably other students also taking a proctored test. The default test is on the computer with the same format as the one online, and you would only get the test on paper if you request that as an accommodation. You'll be given a 10 minute break at the halfway point, where you can use the restroom and I think eat a snack with the proctor's permission (might have to check on this one). I took it in DC and it felt pretty relaxed overall to be honest. I like the benefit of not having to do a room scan, worrying about whether my internet was going to go out, proctors interrupting me, etc.