PT41.S3.Q02 - although samantha likes both oolong and green tea

babybennybabybenny Free Trial Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 156 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-41-section-3-question-02/
I'm little confused about B.

The stimulus said Samantha likes both oolong and green tea and none of her friends likes both.
Doesn't it mean none of her friends like both oolong and green tea?
Since none of her friends likes oolong and green tea, shouldn't B be Must be false?
How is it possible B is could be true? What am I missing?

And if the stimulus said Samantha likes EITHER oolong OR green tea and none of her friends likes both, can B be Must be false?

Please someone explain me.
Thanks!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Samantha likes green and oolong. None of her friends like both, but all of her friends like black.

The reason why B is incorrect is that we don't have any information about how many of Sam's friends that like green tea. We know that none of her friends like both green and oolong, but this doesn't mean that her friends have to like either/or. They could all like neither of the teas, the only thing that can't happen is that her friends like both green and oolong. This is why B could be true--from the information we have, it's entirely possible that none of her friends like green because, as I said above, it could be that none of her friends like either of them.

E is a MBF though. There's no way any of Sam's friends could like the same varieties as her because she likes both oolong and green and none of her friends like both, so one of her friends is always going to be short either green or oolong.

Hope this helps!