Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Course has Buggy Study Schedule

MichaeLRMichaeLR Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 24 karma
Hey all,

I purchased the budget course to try out the curriculum. So far it's been great, I'm even considering upgrading. Problem is for now I'm having a small issue with the Study Schedule, it seems convenient as it gives me a reference point to map out how much I would need to study.

But, with the budget option it gives me a bad estimate because it only takes in account the parts of the course available in the
budget option. Meaning maybe 1/4 of the total curriculum. Like I said, I'm considering upgrading but for now I'd like to make an estimate of how much I need to study.

I'm aiming at the 2016 June Test, possibly even next October. Study Schedule says I should be studying 6.5 hours a week. That's hardly enough to take and review 1 PT.

I was thinking 15-20 hours would be appropriate seeing as how I have all the way till June. Comments are appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    With the exception of the number of problem sets included, the core curriculum is identical across all packages. And it only takes 155 minutes to take a four section PT with a break so 6.5 hours is more than enough to do that and BR, especially later in your prep. When dealing with the scheduler, a little common sense goes a long way. It's just showing you a baseline that would let you hit your target, which in this case likely involves finishing the curriculum at some point in the winter I would imagine. And then it likely shows you doing a PT per week until the June test. Furthermore, there are parts of the curriculum that will go much faster than others, and some you may have to repeat, so the schedule is just a rough guide to get you mentally ready for what the process will look like, but by no means should it be taken as gospel. Anything can happen in life and you need to remain flexible since you might end up with 5 hours a week or 50 hours a week to study, and the functionality of the scheduler doesn't take those kinds of factors into account. It's basically just telling you the bare minimum amount of work you could put in each week to finish all the materials encompassed by that particular package. Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions. Good luck!