Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Waiting Game

dodo.podododo.podo Free Trial Member
Ok, there has to be a better (more merciful) way for LSAC to release the scores. This is what I mean:
1) It takes more than three weeks to receive your score. Seriously? I know it's a paper-based exam, but come on!
2) Inconsistency. Release dates vary from year to year. It looks like we can expect scores to be released 1-3 business days before the official release date, but there've been cases when scores have been released on the official release date. How helpful is that when you reload your email/LSAC account every 5 minutes?
3) More inconsistency. Score notifications are released in batches. So that means if you hear your friend has received their score already, you can expect to receive yours on the same day (?). There is no inherent order to the release of scores, so go figure if it's going to hit you first thing in the morning or right as you were about to drift into another blissfully clueless LSAT-score-less night.
Anyway. Just some random thoughts as I'm waiting for LSAC to show some mercy. Anyone else want to share their anxieties, fears, hopes as we approach the big moment? I'm pretty sure I will have to retake, but I'm hoping for a score that won't depress me too much.

Comments

• joshuafjones22joshuafjones22 Alum Member
    64 karma
    I have had that "sick" stomach feeling all weekend. My productivity at work is also near an all-time low. At this point - LSAC - Just send me the score. I am not even concerned about the number. I just want this all over.
  • MConner16MConner16 Member
    78 karma
    I'm waiting for my f5 key to quit working. This was my first time taking it, and I think the waiting has been the most difficult part.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    I’ve taken it twice and haven’t figured out any way to improve the waiting. Its a miserable time. It will pass though, haha. I guess the best thing to do is just stop checking for it. You’ll get an email when it’s posted, and presumably you have some kind of notification for emails on your phone. When the email comes, check your score. Until then, just don’t even look.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah the email has your score and coincides pretty closely with posting on LSAC so there is little reason to do the latter. Just set your email to fetch and push and then go about your daily life knowing you'll be alerted the minute it comes in.
  • dodo.podododo.podo Free Trial Member
    61 karma
    Yeah, I think I just need to keep myself busy. And I will most likely need to retake, so I better get used to being patient.
  • ana-maria.andricana-maria.andric Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I'm in the same boat!
  • dodo.podododo.podo Free Trial Member
    61 karma
    Scores released!!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2016 2424 karma
    @dodo.podo said:
    Scores released!
    Wait, did you receive your score?
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    A number of people have! Congratulations to our newest Sage :)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @stepharizona Out her or him - who is the Sage????
    (better be who I am thinking of....)
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I was hoping there were going to be a couple of new Sages - I know some that are more than worthy!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @runiggyrun Hopefully there is a huge party somewhere in cyberspace for all of the new Sages!!