Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you Email (Acceptance)

joshuafjones22joshuafjones22 Alum Member
in General 64 karma
I recently received my acceptance and scholarship notice via email from my first choice school. (Thank you 7Sage)

Is it recommended that I return a thank you email to both emails?

Thanks!

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    edited March 2016 1878 karma
    Hi @joshuafjones22

First, congrats on getting accepted and a scholarship offer from your first choice school!

Presumably, you will be accepting this offer as it is your first choice, so I think it would be nice to thank them and let them know you will be accepting their offer.
  • joshuafjones22joshuafjones22 Alum Member
    64 karma
    Thank you. The emails were sent from the general box of admissions@lawschool.edu, so I was not too sure on who actually would be on the receiving end.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2016 2086 karma
    Congrats! Contact the school and ask them who reads said emails. Explain to them that you would like to reply to the acceptance email that they sent you, and would like to know who it should be addressed to.
    Worst case scenario: "Dear admissions committee"
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    edited March 2016 1878 karma
    @joshuafjones22 The administrators in the admissions office are likely reading the emails, but that's good enough. Financial offices and admissions offices often have workers involved with both areas.

If you'd like, I suppose you can address the email to the attention of the director of admissions and the head of financial aid, and they can forward it to them if they'd like, but you'd have done your part.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Just say "Thank you, I think you're yummy." to both emails ;).
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14068 karma
    What @Alejandro said.

Congratulations!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited March 2016 12637 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    Just say "Thank you, I think you're yummy." to both emails ;)

Congrats Joshua!!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    Congrats!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Congratulations on the top school with money! I'd go ahead and send those e-mails - I can't think of any circumstances in which a brief thank you note would hurt. Unless, of course you actually do say "I think you're yummy!" ;-p
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Way to go and congratulations - all the best in 1L:)