Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disagree questions?

LSAT AZTECLSAT AZTEC Alum Member
edited May 2016 in June 2016 LSAT 33 karma
Hey guys,

I am taking the June LSAT in a couple of weeks and I am very close to perfecting my LR scores (around -3 or -2 each time, usually because I skip the last couple of parallel/parallel flaw questions to be able to pocket the faster points) and I have noticed that disagree questions have constantly been giving me trouble. 7sage has helped me improve pretty much every aspect of my LSAT studies but for some reason I just don't find the disagree lessons that helpful :/ can anyone give me any additional tips so that I can nip this in the bud before I take the real thing? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2086 karma
    What exactly is troubling you about the disagreement questions? I rarely use the 7Sage "read one, eliminate ACs, read the other, eliminate remaining wrong ACs" method. Don't get me wrong, I love that method but I've noticed that I can do it in a lot less time if I focus more on critically evaluating both points of view.
    Here is how I like to approach them:

1) Read both perspectives, POVs, etc.

2) Figure out exactly what it is that the two individuals disagree on before you even look at the answer choices. More often than not, there is only one thing that they disagree on. On the more difficult questions, they'll include two points of disagreement, and test you on the more subtle one. If you go through the ACs and can't find it (because it's subtle), skip the question and come back to it later, knowing that you're not looking for the obvious point of disagreement.

3)
    A) Locate the point of disagreement in the ACs
    B) In the event that you simply couldn't locate it in the stimulus, read each answer choice and ask yourself: 1) Did X author even discuss this? Did Y author even discuss this? and 2) Do they disagree on this? Does one perspectives run afoul or contradict the other and vice versa? If so, that is what they disagree on.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    The best advice that was ever given to me for these types of questions (and it might have been from Nicole or someone else I studied with) is that one of the answer choices should have one of the characters (the people who are disagreeing) say "I agree" as your reading. If you're answer choice isnt something one of the people from the scenario could agree with, its the wrong answer choice.

I am not sure I have described this well, its better in person, but if one of the people would say "I agree" you are on the right track.