Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake #3

kristinasefkristinasef Free Trial Member
Hello everyone,

As we know, the June 2016 scores were released. This was my second time taking it and my score DROPPED to an embarrassingly low figure.

I was scoring mid 160s on my practice tests, which is higher than my first LSAT score, so I thought I had made some progress. The highest I've ever scored was a 170 on a PT, but I've never been able to score that again, even on the same test. Normally I score perfectly on LG even on timed PTs, but LG was very difficult for me on this June LSAT. I ran out of time to even start reading my last RC passage, although RC is my weakest spot. And as for LR, I always think I understand it, but I must be making the same mistakes.

I've already started thinking whether law isn't for me. But before I give up my law aspirations completely, I will be trying one last time.

If anyone could point to any retake study schedules, please post. I was using the lawschooli and 7sage study schedules but I was wondering if there were specifically any retake schedules? Or for anyone who has taken the LSAT 2-3 times, pointers to give so I know how and on what to focus my time?

Thank you and congrats to everyone who is happy with their score!!! You did it! :)

Comments

• warriorofthehighlandswarriorofthehighlands Free Trial Member
    13 karma
    Bump!! (I'm in a very similar boat)
  • mudiversmudivers Alum Member
    89 karma
    Hi there - I am also in a similar situation. My score dropped my second re-take (probably the worst feeling ever) and I am now studying for September. I found much of the below guide useful for me, especially the pieces on recovering confidence and basically drilling until every question type feels automatic and you can quickly tell why 4 answers are wrong and 1 is absolutely right.

It's the last shot for us simpletons so put your full effort in and let's make it happen. No regrets, right?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=195603
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited July 2016 11542 karma
    Regarding the question whether law school is for you - don't let an exam decide that for you. This is an all around difficult test, so to not succeed on you first (or second) attempt shouldn't discourage you. I used lawschooli for the Feb LSAT and it's a pretty good schedule for what it's worth but I have to say 7sage beats it by a large measure. I'm thankful lawschooli introduced me to the LSAT trainer though- stick with that as a supplement to 7sage and DO PROPER BLIND REVIEW OF YOUR PREP TESTS. I can't emphasize the amount of help this gives your prep.

PS. I don't think it's necessary to use lawschooli alongside 7sage. Lawschooli schedule is pretty much power score and LSAT trainer. If anything check the LSAT trainer out after or before 7sage. You will find it complements many strategies offered by 7sage.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    For your third take, the material is still the same as it was for your first and second.

It may sound harsh, but the truth is, the only thing you can change to increase your score is yourself. With 7Sage, you have access to the best LSAT curriculum available, a community with an incredible wealth of experience, and sophisticated analytics. You have to take better advantage of those resources. Doing more of the same won't help you.

Study with more discipline, BR until you achieve greater understanding, go back to the curriculum until you have mastered the material. Then your score will improve.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I will also say that you aren't the only one to take this exam more than twice. I've taken the exam twice and will be sitting for my third attempt once I am scoring where I want to be. No discouragement here :)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @kristinfabella said:
    I've already started thinking whether law isn't for me.
    Ok first, I just want to say that this is something to seriously think about regardless of how well you are or are not testing. Make sure a career as a practicing lawyer is something you really want.

I agree with the others above, how you study has to change. Both the LawSchooli schedules and 7Sage talk deeply about how to properly review before looking at the answer choices, but this seems to be the big divider between top performing students and the ones that don't improve. Both talk about doing it, say how to do it, but it seems a lot of people just dont do it.

I feel in the ehhh well I'll just see how many I got wrong (without knowing which ones) cheater category and that was still horrible... it made me focus on a score rather then the knowledge to be gained from the test.

I dont do that anymore and it makes a huge difference. You need to change your approach, be really honest about where your weaknesses are and strive for mastery not a score. Ironically the more you do that, the better your score becomes.
  • kristinasefkristinasef Free Trial Member
    18 karma
    Thank you everyone!!!