Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume Question

davi2526davi2526 Alum Member
Because you all are the best, I have more questions:

I'm trying to save space on my resume (like we all are), and want to know if this education section is redundant:

College XY
• BA in English; Minors in Creative Writing and History.
• Dean’s List (Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012).
• Graduated with Honors
• Honors Thesis: Psychological Traps and the Legacy of the Old South in Faulkner’s Fiction.

Can I just cut "Graduated with Honors" and simply list the title of my thesis? Would that convey I graduated with Honors?

Also, do I need to list the semesters for Dean's List? It seems like I should. Thanks 7sagers!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @davi2526 said:
    Can I just cut "Graduated with Honors" and simply list the title of my thesis? Would that convey I graduated with Honors?
    I would leave it specifying that you graduated with honors. My reasoning is that although unlikely, it is possible to do an honors thesis and not graduate with honors. Better safe than sorry.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

Hi @davi2526,

I’d change it like so:

College XY

• BA in English; Minors in Creative Writing and History; graduated with honors. (or just …; honors/cum laude)
    • Dean’s list (fall 2010–fall 2012).
    • Honors thesis: “Psychological Traps and the Legacy of the Old South in Faulkner's Fiction.”

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    @davi2526 said:
    Honors Thesis: Psychological Traps and the Legacy of the Old South in Faulkner’s Fiction.

Sorry for the aside, but this is just so all over my interests I just had to jump in and say that this is excellent.