Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manhattan LSAT Books

notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 1049 karma
So, I totally understand why Powerscore books are not recommended and why the LSAT Trainer is. However, has anyone used the Manhattan books...especially their Logic Games book? A friend of mine (who is now done with the LSAT) gave me his Manhattan books to go over. From my research, I think they're recommended more than the Powerscore Bibles. I also read that Mike Kim had co-authored these books. Any thoughts on them?

Comments

• mikeysaikaleymikeysaikaley Alum Member
    edited July 2015 116 karma
    I have the Manhattan LR, but haven't cracked it open. But I've talked to many people about the Manhattan books and said they made the difference. However, it may take you a while to get through them the LR book alone is around 600 pages.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Only thing that I have personally found useful from MP is their RC, I personally do not like their book due to the fact that they just don't use enough formal logic which I personally feel is so crucial to this test. I found the PS bible on the other hand useful, and their LG bible along with a combination of 7sage useful as well. I also have the trainer, and I have not used it too much yet, but I will be cracking the MP LR again, and the LSAT Trainer to see how they approach parallel flaw. I will let you know tomorrow once I do that.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Have you done the LG section on 7Sage yet?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I actually really like their LR and RC book. They do hold off on formal logic until halfway through, and it pales in comparison to 7Sage, but I found their argument core stuff goes well with 7Sage. Plus, I feel they go over wrong answer types very well.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    I have the Manhattan RC kindle edition ($10) and it has been extremely helpful. PEAR all the way!
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @mikeysaikaley , I agree, both their LG and LR books go over 600 pages. The RC book is manageable with about 250 pages though. Lots and lots to read!!

@emli1000 , I haven't done the Logic Games part of the core curriculum yet, but will be doing it soon. I was focusing on LR for now by reading the Trainer first and then going through the 7Sage curriculum.

@goalis180 , I like your approach...and your username. Goal is always 180 ;)

@DumbHollywoodActor , you're right. I took a peak at the LR Book and the first (well, second) chapter goes in detail and nicely explains the argument core stuff. 7Sage also does a great job with this topic and they both go well together.

@nordeend , Speaking of Kindle, it was on sale today at Amazon for their Prime members. I should have bought it...did it take you long to finish the RC book?
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    edited July 2015 349 karma
    @shiv.tomer1 I'm going through it right now along with the Trainer RC section. So far it has been fast. It's an easy read and it has helped so much. The only thing you have to watch out for is that they use more recent PTs so if you haven't taken those yet I would, as I have been doing, skip over those sections. This does not prevent learning from it though. I also just looked it up and it is only 284 pages and they go fast.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @nordeend said:
    This does not prevent learning from it though. I also just looked it up and it is only 284 pages and they go fast.
    It's a super fast read, especially if you don't do the drills (I'm not really drilling these days, just PT beastmode),