Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone taken the LSAT Starter ?

golmaryamgolmaryam Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 22 karma
I am on a really tight budget. Is this starter one actually good? The price is just too good to be true!

Comments

• SiddharthSiddharth Alum Member
    35 karma
    It is a good course to prepare you for the base. But, if you are just a beginner, I suggest you go for premium or ultimate. It also depends on when you are going to take the test.
  • retaker2014retaker2014 Alum Member
    edited April 2014 99 karma
    @Siddharththanki, do you really think so? The ultimate and premium only offer more problem sets and access to exams and answers that can be obtained elsewhere at a much cheaper price. Or am I missing something?
  • dustinkeidustinkei Alum Member
    edited April 2014 28 karma
    I am currently going through the starter course myself. I think JY mentioned elsewhere that the only difference between the three is that you get more problem sets (which come from PrepTests 29 through 38) and access to more PrepTests with the premium and the ultimate. Other than that, access to all the lesson materials remains the same.

I had already purchased The Next 10 Actual Official PrepTests book from Amazon prior to enrolling here and being that I have access to most of the other LSAT PrepTests I opted for the starter.
  • golmaryamgolmaryam Alum Member
    22 karma
    I have also purchased the Next 10 Actual Official Prep. Since the lesson materials are all the same, I think I'll go with the basic for now. Good luck to all of you!
  • MaxineSPMaxineSP Alum Member
    83 karma
    I have the starter and am honestly disappointed. I intend to stick with it because its the most inexpensive study tool out there, but the prep test videos that they provide in the starter pack are nearly impossible to get.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Maxine Peskens" there's a thread on this forum that gives you links to purchase the least expensive PTs that are out there. I was able to get my hands on pt 41-50 for just 10 bucks. Also many people on here don't necessarily look at the videos for explanations because their mastery of the skills have been honed from the curriculum whether starter or ultimate. Not to mention anytime you are just not understanding why you got a certain question wrong, the discussions on here provide ample amount of help. @BruiserWoods and @nessa.k13.0 are few people I'm familiar with who have had great success with the Starter pack, they can tell you all about it :) Finally you can always add on PT explanations to your account whenever you'd like. There's a sale going on now actually for the C2 explanation plus 1 month extension free.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Hi! :) I had the Starter all the way until I started taking the 70s series prep tests. The Ultimate+ is wonderful but I just honestly couldn't afford it at the beginning of my studies. I went from a 151 diagnostic to 169 on the actual test in June using only the starter (until the last 2-3 weeks of prep).
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    It's incredible. The price isn't too good to be true. 7Sage doesn't have to overpay a bunch of instructors to teach lessons, nor do they rely on heavy advertising. What they save ends up saving their students some cash (p.s. 7Sage staff, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Although I loved the Starter pack, the additional problem sets that you get with the other packages help tremendously.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Yeah I had a ton of LSAT PTs and books. I started with Powerscore then went to Manhattan Prep then the LSAT Trainer which led me here which is definitely the best. On my PT's I've hit 170 and I'm aiming for at the very least consistently scoring around 177 before I'll feel ready and confident. I'm not totally done with all the lessons yet also. The BR groups help because we go over and analyze more recent tests and I'm able to identify, understand why I messed up, and then drill my mistakes. I'm confident the starter is enough for me. If you feel like you need the magic that is J.Y. explanations for a larger number and more recent tests then definitely upgrade though!

@montahar how has upgrading worked out for you?
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    if you r beginner, go straight to ultimate or +
  • 342 karma
    I am currently on the starter, you can always upgrade. I am loving it. I am hoping to upgrade soon. It really is amazing and I find things clicking JY really is an awesome teacher