Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question difficulty

Hi all and happy holidays. Multi-part question.

Was curious how the question difficulty in the modules is assigned? Based on the scores of all test takers or based on the 7sage community?

Normally I'm getting close to every question correct until I hit level 4/5 where I'm getting roughly 50-75%. Are there common threads/traps in the level 4 and 5 difficulties (In LR currently) that I can target during practice?

Thanks,
Enrique

Comments

• goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Wow, this is a great question as I am in the same predicament. I would love to see some responses to this thread.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I think the flaws are the same for the most part when compared to the easier questions. The difference lies perhaps in how well the writters hide the flaws and/or how attractive they make the wrong answer choices. Just keep doing what you are doing, work to get better on the harder questions, and work to get faster/better at the questions that you are already getting right so that you have more time for the tough ones.

Hope that helps!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @enrique.patino.daly said:
    based on the 7sage community?
    This :)
    @enrique.patino.daly said:
    Are there common threads/traps in the level 4 and 5 difficulties (In LR currently) that I can target during practice?
    None across the board ... Which QT's in particular?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    In the harder questions they often either make the stimulus harder to parse out, or they add multiple flaws in, among, or between the premises. In both cases identifying premises and conclusion are your best friends and holding on tight to that conclusion will help you identify the actual flaw rather than flaws that exist in the premises alone.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    In both cases identifying premises and conclusion are your best friends and holding on tight to that conclusion will help you identify the actual flaw rather than flaws that exist in the premises alone.
    I heard Pacifico is going to do a webinar on related topics ...
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    I heard Pacifico is going to do a webinar on related topics ...
    I hope so! The webinars have provided an incredible learning experiences for me and I look forward to hearing @Pacifico's insight:)
  • I would join that webinar for sure - thanks all and Merry Christmas if you celebrate.