Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Batch of Accommodated Test Takers to Have an Experimental Section

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 11542 karma
So...how did it go??? you guys have my utmost respect for sticking through this! I hope you all scored where you wanted and you kick butt in the Law School of your dreams :D

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    Edit: I just remembered most accommodated test takers don't take it the same day as those without accommodations lol
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    do they take the same test or their test content is different?
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Oh man...I started my exam at 8.45 AM and finished at 3 PM (due to breaks and because my proctor lost the writing sample question and had to run around the school to find someone with an extra copy)...I had a really sore neck and back.

I am really sick this week but didn't want to back out so I went through with it...I am likely going to write in December again, but this test gave me confidence.

Oh, and the room's lights had motion detectors so if the proctor wasn't moving around the room, it would just become dark...that happened like eight times. There was also construction going on, which was hella annoying.
    11542 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    I'm assuming it's a different test, but others have said it's the same test. not sure.
    1049 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    Same test as everyone. I just had an experimental LG section. Oh, and I royally screwed up the RC section...oh well. I just wanted to be done because I felt like crap and I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

Sickness is bad on its own...sickness on an LSAT day is total hell.
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Oh man...I started my exam at 8.45 AM and finished at 3 PM (due to breaks and because my proctor lost the writing sample question and had to run around the school to find someone with an extra copy)...I had a really sore neck and back.

I am really sick this week but didn't want to back out so I went through with it...I am likely going to write in December again, but this test gave me confidence.

Oh, and the room's lights had motion detectors so if the proctor wasn't moving around the room, it would just become dark...that happened like eight times. There was also construction going on, which was hella annoying.
    WOW. Everything about your comment made me cringe, except for the fact that this test gave you confidence lol :) let's hope you don't need to write in December! Congrats on completing the LSAT today :D
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Sickness is bad on its own...sickness on an LSAT day is total hell.
    For sure for sure :( well take these next days/weeks to just relax and take your mind off anything LSAT related. You deserve it.
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    WOW. Everything about your comment made me cringe, except for the fact that this test gave you confidence lol :) let's hope you don't need to write in December! Congrats on completing the LSAT today :D
    Thanks man :) ... I have been scared of this test for a long long time now. However, today I learnt that it isn't so bad afterall. I just need to practice RC a bit more and I will tackle it again in Dec.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @notwilliamwallace thanks for sharing and I hope you will get your target score and be done with this test even before December.
    1049 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    thanks for sharing and I hope you will get your target score and be done with this test even before December.
    Thanks @nader.parham, your words are encouraging...I wish you success with your LSAT journey as well.
  • axpero2004axpero2004 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    @montaha.rizeq So let me start with an interesting introduction: I didn't receive an email nor was my former tutor aware that there was going to be an experimental in the Sep 2016. My accommodation letter did not state that I was going to have an experimental nor were the proctors aware (When I called to confirm last week they reiterated that there would be no experimental) until the day before. So imagine walking in 15 minutes before your exam with a surprise like this.

The exam itself was not difficult in terms of the questions, but after studying for 3 months without an experimental you have to improvise. Consequently, by the end of the exam you're just drained. In many Discussions I often read folks say how accommodated students have it easy without the experimental and that it's unfair. What they overlook is that sitting there for 6 hours is very difficult, expecially if you have a cognitive disability. No amount of coffee or Redbull is going to help you after a certain point.

I was also in a classroom with a motion detector so the lights would go out every now and then. That was kind of obnoxious, though not so much as having to improvise for an extra section. My proctor was nice enough to give me some 30 extra seconds to relax after section 4, though considering how tired I was it didn't do much. I did OK on the last section though I know I could've done better.

All in all, survived. Sending a letter of complaint. Looking forward to December.
  • ariellentbariellentb Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    I am a Sabbath observer tester. Had a hellish day, but would love to know which of my two readings was the experimental, if anyone else took today.
    11542 karma
    @axpero2004 said:
    I didn't receive an email nor was my former tutor aware that there was going to be an experimental in the Sep 2016. My accommodation letter did not state that I was going to have an experimental nor were the proctors aware (When I called to confirm last week they reiterated that there would be no experimental) until the day before. So imagine walking in 15 minutes before your exam with a surprise like this.
    This just isn't freaking acceptable!!! I'm so sorry about that, glad you're sending a letter of complaint.
    @axpero2004 said:
    In many Discussions I often read folks say how accommodated students have it easy without the experimental and that it's unfair. What they overlook is that sitting there for 6 hours is very difficult, expecially if you have a cognitive disability. No amount of coffee or Redbull is going to help you after a certain point.

Total BS. I do not sit with accommodated testing and I do not agree with the nonsense people say regarding this. It's not the easiest thing in the world to be granted accommodated testing from LSAC, and those who are granted it only allows the test to be deemed as equal as possible compared to those who don't need extra time. You're still under time constraints and have the same difficulty level, people need to stop being so salty. Everyone is quick to judge others based on their own abilities or lack thereof. It's just wrong.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    @ariellentb dont you have the same exam as everyone else?
    11542 karma
    @ariellentb said:
    but would love to know which of my two readings was the experimental, if anyone else took today.
    You had two RC sections? that's my fear lol. You guys have a different LSAT than those taken on Saturday, right?
  • ariellentbariellentb Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    @Matthew524
    No. They give a different exam for people who do not test on Saturdays so that we can't call yall up and ask what's on the exam :) (or some reason like that, I assume). And to add to that, they give a different exam each day, so someone who might take it abroad tomorrow won't have the same test as you or as me.

@montaha.rizeq actually, this is my second test (of 2) with a reading experimental. I practiced almost exclusively with reading as a 5th section, and it makes me much calmer for the actual exam. I recommend doing the same, and then you'llbe pleasantly surprised if it's not.

That I had 2 readings today did not cause the bad experience. And it was better than last time when they were sections 3 and 5, with section 3 being experimental and my running out of steam before I could finish 5. This time they were 1 and 3, so over and done immediately.