Took the August LSAT - got way lower than my typical practice exams but now I am just completely traumatized by how difficult it felt for me and am worried this'll be a common reoccurrence for upcoming LSATs....
0
Took the August LSAT - got way lower than my typical practice exams but now I am just completely traumatized by how difficult it felt for me and am worried this'll be a common reoccurrence for upcoming LSATs....
2 comments
I didn’t even touch anything lsat related for like 5 days before the test. I also slept and made a vacation out of it by going out of town to take it. I only took 3 practice tests (one of which was my diagnostic and the other two 7 and 6 days before my test). I scored 16 points above my diagnostic test and 3 points higher than the other two practice tests I took. I truly think once you’ve taken ur practice test your mindset should be that you’ve put the time and effort and all you can do is use what you learned and keep a positive mindset. Also, I have diagnosed anxiety. I took it with the mindset I can cancel my score and I’m taking it again. That rlly helped me calm down and take the test as though it was any other test I’ve taken.
i know it's hard (and I especially emphasize with you as someone who excessively worries at times), but try to not get in the mindset that it will be a reoccurrence. you'll have no idea how the next one will feel until you try. and frankly, every test is gonna feel probably different - count on that. I just feel like some tests are naturally going to feel harder than others for each person based on their unique strengths and weaknesses
are you applying this cycle? if so, I'd register for nov - plenty of time to rebound!