User Avatar
•

Edited Wednesday, Sep 23

😖 Frustrated

Stuck in high 150s

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or feedback on how to break into the 160s?? I have been studying for the LSAT since February of this year and took the June LSAT scoring a 157. I hope to take the November LSAT and my ultimate goal is to score a 165. However I am feeling very discouraged as it's been a few months and I still can't seem to get my score higher than a 159.

I do study about 15-20 hours a week. I have switched to heavily reviewing my mistakes, going back to foundationals for questions types I struggle with, and drilling those specific questions. I have also switched up my RC passage strategy by doing the harder passages first which has helped my score slightly.

I honestly am feeling really discouraged with my progress and was hoping to have reached my target score by now. At this point if I unable to reach the 160s I might wait till next cycle to apply for school. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it!!!!

4

6 comments

  • Wednesday, Sep 23

    Aight, so I kinda was in the same position before summer, but I am in the 160s now, and I am doing the November test too. But what helped me was doing 10-15 untimed questions + WAJ no BR for LR. As well as 2 passages, untimed WAJ. Then PT once a week. This is my schedule so far. Really just sit with the questions and try to understand the logic. Also, for the LR questions, target the high-priority ones.

    6
    Thursday, Sep 24

    I will definitely try this. Did you notice anything during your studying when you did this? Also what is WAJ?

    1
    Thursday, Sep 24

    Wrong answer journal (WAJ). I did notice that I was quicker to pick up on eliminating the wrong answers. And sometimes, the right AC was intuitive enough that I could just predict it for the easier questions. I still have trouble with the harder ones, but over time my problem has less been understanding the question (except for the hard ones and the super heavy conditionals/just straight up word salad questions), and more towards timing which I am working on. There is no need to do BR too for the daily practice because the first passover is going to be the best.

    1
    Thursday, Sep 24

    Pretty much, my goal was to just target my understanding first. Although I can definitely say I am not there yet lol, it is far better than before. Over time doing this I sort of just recognize the patterns a little better than previously.

    1
  • julielamberth Independent Tutor
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    What does your wrong answer journal show you about why you are missing questions?

    1
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    Its definitely a mix. I usually second guess myself and pick the trick answer or it just comes down to me not understanding the question type.

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?