User Avatar
•

Monday, Sep 28

😖 Frustrated

Reading comp

does anyone have any tips for reading comp it is seriously driving me insane and I can't seem to get good scores on any of the drills. Sometimes I do but most of the time I don't. I tried highlighting, and low res and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

4

2 comments

  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    I've changed my approach to RC recently and done better. I used to highlight all the things that I thought were important, but I've stopped highlighting now. Right now, I am just working on writing a simple 1 sentence summary of each paragraph and then an overall conclusion for the passage when done. From there I move on to the questions. For practice I'll do passages untimed and then switch to timed closer to when I PT near the end of the week. I would just try developing those one sentence summaries through writing and then progress to doing them in your head. It's worked so far for me but results may vary. Also with the questions I think I heard someone say that some of the time you are looking for the least bad answer lol and that's gotten me a couple questions that I would have missed otherwise because the AC wasn't perfect.

    2
    julielamberth Independent Tutor
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    Absolutely agree with this. It's an open book test, not a pop quiz. Get the structure and only sweat the details when they ask you about them in the questions.

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?