I started this process in spring of 2025 with a 147 cold diagnostic. I was studying on and off for a long time but really locked in this year.

I got a 164 on the June test, then a 173 on September. I was signed up for October, but I will be withdrawing and taking my September score.

I am so happy to finally be done with this test after over a year, and to put this energy into my applications so I can get them in before Thanksgiving.

Good luck to everyone at any point on their LSAT journey! This test is hard, law school is going to be hard, and practicing law will also be hard. And for whatever reason, we chose this hard. So lock in, keep your head up, and put in the work. You got this!

48

13 comments

  • Congratulations! This gives me so much motivation!!

    3
    5 days ago

    Thank you! And hell yeah - you got this!!!

    2

    You are quite welcome and thank you!

    2
  • 5 days ago

    I got a 161 on the June exam and a 159 on September. I studied so much but somehow went down. Do you have any advice on what you did between June and September?

    2
    4 days ago

    This may seem counterintuitive, but I actually took a good amount of time off between these two tests. I work full time and study both weekend days, and several nights after work. After doing that for the better part of a year, I was feeling really wiped out this summer and decided to start saying yes to plans, going on some weekend camping trips, taking better care of myself, and just giving myself time to fill up my non-LSAT cup. I can't say for sure whether that contributed to my September score, but I can say that I approached the September test in a much happier and well-rounded place. I continued to study during the week, but the 3 weekends before the exam, I was out of town, with friends, in nature. I felt so much lighter and more grounded. And my PTs/drilling accuracy were in the exact same place as before the June exam. I didn't know anything more. I have studied for over a year. My comprehension is very strong and hasn't wavered. I think that because those things are all true for me, allowing myself to instead just slow down and chill out really set me up for success for that last test.

    That said, if your drilling accuracy isn't where it needs to be and your PTs are consistently lower than you want, then I would definitely focus on the content itself. But if you were like me and your stats were in a good place, but you underperformed on test day, you may benefit from going easy on yourself and investing time/energy into non-LSAT things that boost your mood and help you feel grounded.

    2
    4 days ago

    Thank you for the response I really appreciate it. If you don't mind me asking what were your PT scores before the June exam?

    1
    4 days ago

    For the 3 or so months leading up to June, I had an average PT of 170. I was doing more sections than anything else, averaging -2 on LR and -4 on RC.

    Since June, my RC has improved slightly, I now average -2 LR and -3 RC. Because of this slight RC improvement, my average PT since June did improve slightly, at 171.

    But I actually stopped drilling topics and just shifted to testing on sections. I felt like my topic-based comprehension level was really high. My BR PT scores were consistently 175-180, and -0 or 1 per section. Since my comprehension was really high, I realized drilling wasn't super helpful, and switched my approach around May to be exclusively doing timed sections and an occasional PT every 3ish weeks. That was very helpful for me! Instead of wasting time on content review, I was focused on just flexing the muscle of timed sections. I also always did a WAJ for every section/PT.

    2
    4 days ago

    And if I'm being honest, I never looked back and reviewed my WAJ. But I do think the act of doing it was incredibly helpful. It forced me to think critically about how I take the test. Around that time, I decided to stop focusing on the data in the analytics and instead just focus on the questions I got wrong, why they were wrong, why I chose them, and then hoping that that level of engagement would lead to better judgment.

    I think the analytics are amazing and can be very helpful, but if you are like me and have a significant gap between PT/section scores and BR scores, then overfocusing on analytics may detract from where your focus can be better used, which for me was just doing more timed sections. I spent a lot of time trying to increase the scores of individual tags, but really where my weakness was was just testing performance and time pressure leading to poorer choices. And so practicing the timing more was where I would better serve myself.

    Again, not trying to be prescriptive in my advice. This is just what I did, and I think it served me. Feel free to message me if you relate to any of this and want to talk through anything! I'm not a tutor, but I'm happy to lend an ear.

    2
  • 5 days ago

    congrats, hoping to get like you soon !! :)

    2
    5 days ago

    Thank you! I'm sure you will. Just keep going. And if you lose steam, don't be hard on yourself, just start again.

    2
  • 6 days ago

    You are amazing - congrats!

    2
    5 days ago

    Thank you kind stranger!! Wishing you the best (:

    1
    5 days ago

    thank you so much!!!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?