User Avatar
•

4 days ago

💪 Motivated

Scored a 178 on PT139!

I've been scoring in the 171-173 range for PTs in September, and scored a 172 on the September LSAT (which was higher than I expected when I left the testing center), and was certainly shocked to get this result today! Hoping to keep this momentum into next Thursday for official LSAT take #2...

I took this without the experimental section so I could have one fresh section in my queue to do next week in advance of the test, but I think I can still put a lot of credence into this score! 6 months of hard work paying off!

6

6 comments

  • 3 days ago

    Awesome

    1
  • 4 days ago

    Hey i just started recently studying for the LSAT, and right now im currently working on 15 questions untimed, and im noticing i get to question 11 and im doing much worse for that last 5 questions stretch, and soon as i get the wrong answer i recognize the right answer and very quickly. like "oh that makes alot of sense" just wondering if you had any advice regarding that, and how to reach that understanding before answering. i feel i sometimes get conflicted with one or the other answer choice a little too often. i hope my question makes sense

    1
    4 days ago

    I think part of that is just a matter of building mental stamina and attention span, staying engaged with each question and reading the stimuli actively. I highlight a lot in LR, too - I always highlight the conclusion, highlight the premises, highlight the parts of conditionals, etc. Helps me avoid the trap of losing focus and overlooking key parts of the argument, which is almost always where those "oh well DUH, that's obviously correct" lapses come from for me. The other part is that pattern recognition plays a big role in this test, and whether it's recognizing patterns in what makes an answer choice correct or (maybe more helpfully from the point of view of quickly being able to employ a process of elimination) incorrect. If you've recently started, you likely haven't been exposed to enough material to be able to quickly and reliable recognize patterns in the test; once you do, it's likely that you'll spend less mental energy parsing each individual question, and that'll help with stamina.

    1
    3 days ago

    Oh yeah highlighting helps me a lot too

    i just got hit with two questions stems verbage i never seen and i was doing the complete opposite lol of what i was needed to do so i think the exposing has to do with it

    I been using 7Sages platform and using LSATDemons approach and it definitely feel like it things are clicking so well for me now

    i appreciate your insight 🙏🏿

    1
  • I am scoring around -2 in LR but really struggling with RC. What things did u do to improve on RC? I don't have an issue with timing btw.

    1
    Edited 4 days ago

    I usually score between -0 and -2 for RC, and I'd say I am especially focused on highlighting for structure in both LR and RC. In RC at least, my passages are awash with colors when I'm done with them. For example, blue is always stuff in the author's voice/things I might consider conclusions or reasons for writing the passage; pink can be arguments the author is rebutting; green is other arguments offered or premises that support the author's conclusion; yellow is background. That can all change slightly based on the type of passage it is, but generally I do it so that I have a physical, color coded map I can easily refer to when reading questions that illustrates how the passage is structured, and in turn helps me better understand how it all fits together to further the author's central argument/goal for writing. I suppose actively highlighting and thinking about the reasons for highlighting help me more actively read, understand, and retain the passage.

    Hope that helps!

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?