Since I got my September LSAT back, I have been toiling with the decision about whether or not to apply ED to a school. My previous score was a 165, but now my stats stand as follows: LSAT: 170 (THANK YOU TO 7SAGE!), LSAC GPA 3.9 mid, Softs are T2, with legal experience post grad and political work during undergrad.

When I had the 165, I was planning on EDing to Georgetown. Now, with the 170, part of me wants to see what my admission decisions will be if I apply everywhere RD (knowing even if I ED to GULC, I still may not be the most competitive). I also know that this cycle is going to be extremely competitive and I want to put myself in the best position to get into a great school. Georgetown would still be one of my top choices and is generally good for the type of Government/Political work that I want to do. But I can't help but think why not just see what happens at other schools, like NYU, Columbia, and even super reaches like Yale. You never know, right? There are conflicting reports on how much ED does for at Georgetown or NYU anyway. I know that I may not be a realistic candidate at any of these schools, and I want to prioritize giving myself the best chances to succeed this admissions cycle. While merit scholarships and aid would be nice, it is not necessary, but part of be can't stomach close to 350k on life and school. EDing would greatly diminish my ability to negotiate anything, and I have heard that I shouldn't expect any money from a school if I get in ED.

Appreciate any advice on this. Hoping to apply to my top schools in the next 3 weeks.

1

1 comments

  • 6 hours ago

    In the same boat! T2 softs, 3.89 GPA (from a top undergrad school known for grade deflation) and a 167 LSAT. Trying to decide whether to ED (Georgetown or NYU) to help my chances. Any advice would be much appreciated!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?