Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memorizing Inferences

kelsienagelekelsienagele Free Trial Member
edited July 2014 in Logic Games 30 karma
I've been practicing games according to the 7sage method for a a few weeks now. I easily do the games in or under the suggested time after about 3-4 tries. However, I am still too slow whenever I start a completely new game. Usually a new game takes me about 10-15 minutes, so on PTs I rarely complete more than 2 games. This is a slight improvement. Before I practiced this way my times were a little higher.

My question is what exactly is meant by "memorize the inferences" "or reproduce the inferences from memory"? That may seem like a silly question, but I'm asking because I'm not sure I'm using the method correctly. Like I said I can complete games quickly after 3-4 tries because I make the inferences much more quickly, but I'm not sure I actually have them "memorized". It doesn't seem like this practice is helping me make inferences much faster on new games. So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. When you "reproduce the inferences from memory" do you just do the game again and again or do you write the inferences down first to ensure you have them memorized? I want to make sure my practice will translate into faster times on new games as well.

Comments

• polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    The point is if you keep drilling the games you'll know automatically when you see A -> /B you will know exactly how that fits in your new game.
  • kelsienagelekelsienagele Free Trial Member
    30 karma
    I understand that is what's supposed to happen, but since my times aren't going down on new games I'm wondering if just drilling myself is not helping me memorize inferences for use in new contexts/new games. It obviously works when I'm repeating the same game but not as clearly when I'm doing new ones. Maybe I just haven't drilled with enough games yet. Or maybe I need to memorize the inferences in another way so that I can readily apply them to other games, not just the same one over and over?