Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mis Wrote info for employment!!should I contact them?

coconutsveryberrycoconutsveryberry Free Trial Member
edited February 2017 in Law School Admissions 15 karma

Hello,

I may put my working period or time wrongly...
For example,
worked at X from April 2011 to April 2013
worked at Y from April 2009 to March 2013. (supposed to be March "2011")
And I put different working hours on resume and the lsac online page, I only put the official hours on lsac form but on my resume I included hours that is not officially assignedtoo so longer...
This kind of mistake...
Should I email them and let them know if I mis-wrote any info? Would it look bad?
Really...I don't know why I did this.
When should we contact them?

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

Hey we all make mistakes, don't feel so badly. You can e-mail the school and say that you have an updated resume to add to your file - you don't have to say you messed up, just say it's updated. From what I understand, people e-mail updates to their file quite frequently.

• coconutsveryberrycoconutsveryberry Free Trial Member
    15 karma

Thanks @stgl1230
    The thing is my resume has the correct info but I put wrongly on lsac employment page...you know we have to fill out info there too when we submit application through lsac?

I reviewed before I submit but still made a mistake...had to move to new apt and maybe tired I don't know.
    Or should I call lsac in this case?

821 karma

Oh, sorry I think I misunderstood. Yes, I remember filling out a resume on LSAC for some applications. Definitely easy to make a mistake there.

I'm not really sure what to do, but the best option would probably be to call and/or email LSAC tomorrow. If you just submitted your applications, there's a good chance that your schools haven't seen the file yet so if you get on this ASAP you can fix it before they receive your apps.

15 karma

@stgl1230
    I received from school and it seems they already have my application...
    And just found lsac cannot do anything once the file is sent.
    I don't know...they will realize right? I'm not sure whether I should email the schools...

821 karma

Honestly, the school might notice, they might not...they go through a lot of files, and this is probably not the worst mistake they've seen.

If you're really worried, once you get access to your status checker/have some kind of application #, you can e-mail the admissions office and ask them to defer to your attached resume rather than your LSAC resume. Don't email until you can provide the school with those numbers.

15 karma

@stgl1230
    Thanks...can I ask why need the number ?

821 karma

Because without your status checker/application number, it's a LOT more work for the admissions office to find your file. Once you have an application number from the school, it's easier for them to match your name to your file. Without the number, they just have a name and it's more work for them to track you down, and they're busy enough as it is.