Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 75+

mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
in General 418 karma

Does anyone know how much PT 76-79 differ compared to the rest of the PTs that are available?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27828 karma

From PT 75, not much. From PT 1, a fair amount. Everything in between kind of scales between those.

• mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma

Thank you. I wonder why I keep hearing that PT 75-79 are a lot different than the other PTs.

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma

I honestly feel like there is a difference. Let's not talk about the old ones because those are just weird. With in the newer one's, which I feel start at around 72 and onward, the LR and RC rely more on details, ie specific wording, so, we really need to get our active reading down. With older LSAT's, I felt like I could get away by understanding the general gist of the arguments and still score well. Not the case anymore. Also, I'm starting to see a lot of assumption questions both in the LR and the RC. . .or maybe it's just me.

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma

And another thing, I'm finding myself relying on POE a lot more than before. Some of the newer AC's for LR and RC are just so weak that at first glance they make you hesitate. In older PT's, I never found myself in that situation; it was always, "Yup, it's X for w/e reason." Definitely a trend as I'm noticing on ManhattanPrep there is a lot more explanations that go along the lines of, "The rest suck more so therefore X."

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@iiiSpoon said:
    And another thing, I'm finding myself relying on POE a lot more than before. Some of the newer AC's for LR and RC are just so weak that at first glance they make you hesitate. In older PT's, I never found myself in that situation; it was always, "Yup, it's X for w/e reason." Definitely a trend as I'm noticing on ManhattanPrep there is a lot more explanations that go along the lines of, "The rest suck more so therefore X."

Yeah, I've noticed this for sure WRT the new(er) tests. Even beginning in the later 60s this seems to be the case from what little material I've seen of the newer variety.