Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about study schedule time.

BlakeLexingtonBlakeLexington Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 15 karma
The study schedule gives 12 hours as the recommended time to complete the Practice Test's, complete blind review and then go over questions you missed with video explanations. I'm wondering how long this actually takes other people to accomplish? Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how long that process takes for them.

Comments

• kraft.phillipkraft.phillip Free Trial Member Inactive Sage
    444 karma
    I probably take longer. realistically, for a 5 section test, it takes 2 hours, 35 minutes. Then you probably take a half hour to an hour break, at least, to clear your head. BR can take any where from 45 minutes if you felt really confident (too confident, in all likelihood) to maybe 3 hours. Then grading takes maybe 5 minutes max. Then reviewing takes a really long time if you are working hard at it. Redoing all the Logic games, watching the LG videos, redoing all the questions you missed (both before and after BR) for LR and RC, making some sort of journal of the questions you got wrong and explaining the correct train of thought, re-reading the RC passages and questions to see if you can find where you can speed up... that easily can take 15 hours total, I'd say. I like to review to the point where I feel like if I took the test again in a week, I'd get a perfect. I mean, I already read the questions. I should use review to see the tricks and not get caught in them again.

That said, if you are doing 12 hours per test, that's obviously a lot of work and you'll learn a lot.
  • BlakeLexingtonBlakeLexington Alum Member
    15 karma
    Thanks for the help!