Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Study Schedule/PTs

gemini_vegetariangemini_vegetarian Core Member
in General 41 karma

Hi all! New here (just switched from Khan) and I'm really liking 7Sage so far. I did the customized study schedule and it's suggesting 40 hrs a week, which is fine...but after the basics/CC, it's telling me to take a bunch of PTs every week. My question is: is this correct? I was planning on maybe 1-2 per week, but 3-5 seems overkill to me...thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Joanna.BJoanna.B Member
    50 karma

I would recommend not overworking yourself too much cause burn out is very hard to get over. That being said, the more PT's you do (and blind review) the more improvement you'll be likely to see. It is definitely a lot but doing 4 pts a week helped me out a bunch

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

I would actually suggest taking no more than one or two PTs per week. When you take a PT, you're really testing your ability at a given moment. In addition, you're working on your execution (e.g., timing, avoiding unforced errors, focus). But the progression of your skills comes from reviewing the questions that you have already done. That is where you want to spend the majority of your time. You're unlikely to see any meaningful improvement in the actual score between PTs if you're doing close to one a day or one every other day. I would suggest taking another PT only when you feel as though you have improved since the last one and that you have thoroughly reviewed that last PT.

Remember that there are other ways of improving besides taking full-length PTs. For example, you could take individual sections. You could also drill Logic Games. You could spend time doing outside reading on a topic that you struggle with. These are just some ideas!

• gemini_vegetariangemini_vegetarian Core Member
    41 karma

@"Learned Astronomer" thank you so much!! that's really great insight/advice; i appreciate it!

• mkdioceemkdiocee Member
    79 karma

Hi! I had the exact same dilemma; I started studying in January, and am now taking the June LSAT. I think there's too much pressure to take every single PT. Once I was done with the core curriculum, I was trying to take them every other day. After finishing a very hard semester, I was extremely burnt out, and I ended up in a serious plateau. So, my advice would be to trust yourself, and take them as you see fit for your mental health/your schedule. Taking them every day, or every other day won't help at all if you're burnt out. For me, what helped the most was taking 2-3 day breaks in between each PT, and not even reviewing them until the day after I had taken them. I would really recommend doing something like this, because like I said above, imo, there's too much pressure to take as many as possible, and that's just not feasible for everyone!