Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proctor Problem

rola2016rola2016 Alum Member
in General 20 karma

Yesterday I took the LSAT (the test was offered in Asia on Feb 19), and on one section the proctor forgot to give a 5 minute warning, and instead gave a 1 minute warning. In every other section he gave a 5 minute warning, so this threw me off. I had my own watch and noticed at about 3 minutes left that he hadn't given the warning yet, which distracted me. I ended up guessing on the last 3-4 questions on the LR section, which is unusual for me. Does anyone have thoughts on whether I should report it to LSAC? What would happen if I do report? Is there a chance they would automatically cancel, without giving me (or other test takers) the option to see our scores first? I definitely want to see my score. Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Unfortunately, from everything that I have gathered, I don't think there would be much of a chance that the LSAC will cancel yours/the other test takers' scores because of the incident as relayed on this thread, if you report it. It is also my understanding that a cancelled score is never revealed. Others are more qualified than me on these matters, so I will defer to them for the final word, but I am 99% certain of the above. Both @"Alex Divine" and @"montaha.rizeq" have demonstrated a broad knowledge of these matters on this forum.

Moving forward, if you decide that a retake is right for you, don't hesitate to reach out with specifics about the exam on these boards. Best of luck

David

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Thanks for the tag @BinghamtonDave, you basically said what I wanted to say! :)
    OP, unfortunately an error in time calling will not do much for LSAC I think mainly because it will be difficult to prove that actually occurred. Even if scores were to get cancelled (though thats a very low possibility) it won't be revealed even if it was from a disclosed LSAT. There are plenty of hiccups to be cautious about on test-day. As Dave said, if you look around on this forum you will see threads of people talking about "LSAT horror stories" haha. It's just something we have to be on the lookout for. I've only seen LSAC cancel center's scores and schedule a retake for extreme circumstances: evacuate for a storm, scantrons getting lost in transit, etc. Anyway, now we await your score and hope for the best! don't be hesitant to reach out for advice once you get your results!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah, this happened to me too on my final LR section. Sometimes you just got to roll with it. Best to just put it out of your mind and take it easy while you wait for your scores. Good luck!