Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

166 in Feb, 173+ in Sep possible?

joseph_cheungjoseph_cheung Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma

I have studied for LSAT since December last year, and finished PT 30-60, ranging from 164-173, with an average score of 169. Got a 166 in the real one, frankly a bit disappointed.

My current situation is LG -2, LR -3~-4 for each session, and RC -3~-8. I dunno what's wrong with my capricious RC performance lol.

I really want to raise my score, ideally above 173 in the September test (because I am studying at a university in Hong Kong famous for low GPA. my current GPA is 3.5, which is already 5-10% in my year). Is this even possible? I can spare 28 hours per week from March to May, and 50 hours per week from June to August. I don't wanna burn out so I've plan an 10 day trip in the summer.

I am thinking of buying the LSAT Trainer, or registering for the 7Sage courses, or both. Do you think they are helpful?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated!

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

Is it possible?

Absolutely.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Of course it's possible, but that's not very useful to know. Whether or not it happens hinges mostly on how effectively you study. You're at the score range where people really start hitting a brick wall. You're going to have to really up your game if you want to push forward from here. In your score range, I usually expect people to be solid on the logic. The logic is prerequisite for the things that will push you into the 170's, but it's not enough by itself. At this point, what you need is guidance on things beyond the fundamentals. Given that, I think 7Sage would be the better resource over Trainer. You need more effective study habits, and you need to develop testing strategies. Lots of resources on 7Sage for the more abstract concepts that are going to push you forward from here.

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

@joseph_cheung what are your issues with RC? A high RC variance is exceptionally common, since takers typically don't have many concrete strategies for the section.

Likely, your issues stem from how you're reading the passage and/or your approach to dissecting mish-mashy ACs, or the lack thereof.

After any one section, is your personal perspective that your score on the particular section could virtually be anywhere? Or do you feel much stronger than you generally actually perform?

• tayyytayyy Free Trial Member
    edited March 2017 32 karma

@"Cant Get Right" can you elaborate on what you mean by needing more effective study habits? I am also stuck in the mid 160s and can't seem to push through. I broke the 170 barrier once but I think I just got lucky that day ugh what I would give to range in the 170s T.T

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

No problem @tayyy .

So maybe the biggest part of what I mean is when, why, and how often we are taking PTs. Think of each PT as a fully contained study cycle. The cycle should go something like:

1. PT
    2. BR
    3. Analyze Performance
    4. Develop Study Plan
    5. Study

Most folks take a PT, and then if they're really doing well they'll do a solid BR. From there, the vast majority of people will move on to the next PT. But in that PT, there's still a lot of information that is being left behind. It's not enough to correct your mistakes, you now need to identify what the underlying and ongoing problems are that are leading to those mistakes. I've never worked with someone and found that their mistakes are random. There are always very specific things that, if addressed, will correct multiple errors across their body of performance. After each PT, it is vital to analyze our mistakes as a whole and look for the threads running through them. Once we've done that, we need to develop a plan to address them. And then we need to address them. Only take a new PT when you feel confident that you can eliminate old mistakes and improve your score.

• tayyytayyy Free Trial Member
    32 karma

@"Cant Get Right" This is so helpful! thanks:)