Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Blind Reviewing?

JetJagLarJetJagLar Alum Member
in General 12 karma

Hey guys. About to do my first timed LSAT as a diagnostic as per the syllabus. Since this will be the first test I take as well as being the first time I go through actual questions, is blind reviewing worth it? Since I don’t know the tactics to take on LG and RC (etc) , will blind reviewing be worth the time even if I don’t fully understand how to answer the questions?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited April 2017 23929 karma

that's actually a really great question and I'm not sure there's one right answer, but here is what I did: I took the free June 07 test as my diagnostic and then read the explanations and watched all of the explanations videos for the ones I got wrong/ran out of time for... I didn't fully understand by any means much of what I watched. However, it certainly was worth doing and was a good place to start.

Good luck!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Good question. It's for this reason that some people argue against this initial diagnostic. I've since been converted to that camp.

If you take the diagnostic, then the approach @"Alex Divine" shared above sounds like a great way to go.

I would actually suggest postponing your diagnostic until after you've finished the cc. I think the goal of the first diagnostic, prior to any exposure to strategies, is to give you a baseline for your starting point. But I don't think that starting point is actually too helpful. It is like putting a day-1 med school student in the operating room to show them how much they need to learn. The truth is, you've got A LOT to learn and you may not even know how to learn all that you need to yet. That will come from the cc and this community.

The real learning comes following the CC and your study cycles will center around those PTs. Taking the initial diagnostic is totally optional and won't hurt you at all. I just think it's superfluous.

• JetJagLarJetJagLar Alum Member
    12 karma

Thank you both for the advice!

• AlexanderCMAlexanderCM Member
    edited April 2017 174 karma

I blind reviewed what I could (mostly LR questions of a type I'd already studied) and then left the questions I had NO IDEA about for blind review another day. The thing is 7Sage tracks what you got wrong (if you're using their LSAT Analytics tool) so you can easily go back and BR those questions later. I saved my hard copy PT for this reason. I save almost everything related to LSAT prep in a three ring binder/even take notes during the video lessons because I find this helpful.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

The only BR I would do (since you have no clue what it is you should be doing), would be to finish whatever you didn't get done in the time, and be sure to mark those separately. You will be left with a timed score, and an untimed score essentially. I like the advice of holding off until after the CC though. Doing it beforehand doesn't really benefit you in any way, independent of the outcome.