Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm blind reviewing too many questions

12rrl312rrl3 Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma
Hi guys,

Whenever I'm conducting a blind review on logical reasoning I always find that at the end of the test I've circled anywhere from 12-17 questions for review per section. I am usually scoring in the high 160s but I feel like this is too many questions to not be 100% sure about. Has anyone else found this?

Also do people do a blind review of LG and RC the same way? Usually I end us just redoing those entire sections for practise.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    @12rrl3 said:
    I am usually scoring in the high 160s but I feel like this is too many questions to not be 100% sure about. Has anyone else found this?
    If you're scoring in the high 160s and circling 12-17 (more than half) per section, that does seem like a lot. But you're obviously getting most of those circled ones right. It may just be a confidence issue.
    When you are circling them during the PT what things are making you unsure of yourself?

I actually had a similar problem and what helped me was getting better at the POE skills. Once I could confidently knock out 3-4 of the answer choices, I was way more confident way more often.

Also pre-phrasing answers helped me up my confidence as well. So if I saw an answer that I already was anticipating, I was was less likely to be unsure of myself.

In any case, if you are unsure of them then just make sure during BR you aren't just focused on finding the right answer/verifying your answer correct. Really make sure you are examining your mindset. Make sure if you had the wrong thought process you block out whatever it was you did/thought of. So next time you approach a question like that you are confident your approach to it will lead you to the right answer.

I found that there were questions I would get right, but didn't really have a set and consistent way to tackle. For instance, before I found 7Sage, I would do MBT questions using intuition. Now that I can use conditional logic to prove my answer choice, I no longer circle all the MBT questions, lol.

You're in the high 160s, so you obviously know your stuff - be more confident! :)

ETA: Yes, I BR logic games and reading comp by essentially re-doing the entire sections. Time consuming? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. Especially for RC. I think that is where I made the most substantial improvements in RC.
  • 12rrl312rrl3 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Okay great, thanks for the help. I think it is a confidence issue as well as a timing issue. Lots of the time I will read the answers and select what I would say with 90% confidence is the right answer but still circle the question because I was unable to confidently eliminate all the other potential answers. I think spending longer on the blind review will help with this but I only have 17 days left so we will see what happens.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @12rrl3 said:
    I think spending longer on the blind review will help with this but I only have 17 days left so we will see what happens.
    Good luck! And never feel like you HAVE to take in 17 days. December works just as well :)