(Deleted)

edited April 2017 in Law School Admissions 308 karma

Comments

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

I would suggest looking at what the school values and the culture of each one. Which one do you think you would enjoy more and which one a lines with the values you have? Do any of the schools have a specific program that you're just dying to study? Also maybe visit the ones you've been accepted to if that's possible and see if you really would like to go there. Whatever you decide to do, I hope get to go to the school that makes you the best and happiest lawyer you can be :)

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@"Artak Mamikonyan" said:
    Hey guys! First of all, I'm so glad to be done with the LSAT! Second of all, I'd really like to thank everyone here for all the help throughout my LSAT studies because this site definitely made a difference for me.

I have a question regarding which school to choose. I've applied to UCLA, USC, Loyola and Pepperdine but my application was completed quite late so I still haven't heard back from UCLA and USC. My issue is that I've gotten into Pepperdine Law School with a full ride and I've also gotten into Loyola Law School with a 132K scholarship, which would leave me around 30K to pay out of pocket. Now, without having heard back from UCLA or USC yet, this makes my decision very tough because my Pepperdine decision is due on the 15th. Based on what you guys know, which school would be the better option? I'm stuck between Loyola and Pepperdine while I await the decisions from the other two. I've heard Loyola has better job opportunities in the Los Angeles area and that it's the better choice. But is it really that much better to the point where it's worth paying 30K out of pocket?

What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated! (Especially if you're from the LA area and are familiar with what school law firms look at in higher regards)

Thank you guys in advance!

I personally would try to minimize debt as much as possible. I'm sure this will come as no surprise but our economy sucks. Neither one of those are very high ranked schools so prestige won't help much on the job search. That absolutely does not mean you can't get a job. That's just my personal opinion, to minimize debt. People with full rides still end up with debt from living expenses, books, healthcare if it's not included (even if it is, let's be real here), etc. I am by no means an expert but I will follow my own advice this upcoming cycle. Lol. Good luck!