Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 Months vs. Recent and Recognizable Photo

mattmorris522mattmorris522 Alum Member
in General 7 karma

Apologies for the annoying question, but does anyone know if the LSAC still maintains their 6 months policy on the recency of the photo? I ask because on the LSAC photo guidelines site it only says recent and recognizable, and I have a photo I uploaded back in October (ostensibly for the December 2016 LSAT but now planning to take in June 2017). I was not even aware of a 6 month cutoff until seeing it mentioned on a forum this morning. Am I missing something / will there be any issue taking the test or receiving my scores because my photo was uploaded the LSAC site more than 6 months ago?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

You likely could get away with it, but it just isn't worth the risk imo. It takes like 2 minutes to stand in front of a wall in your bedroom and use your laptop or phone to take a new pic and upload it. Would you want to go into the test center and get sent home? Yeah me either. I would recommend just re-uploading.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

You should be good barring any significant changes to your appearance.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yeah, I wouldn't think it would be a problem unless you grew a beard or lost 40 pounds. However, @Mellow_Z makes a good point -- better safe than sorry. If it were me -- and I'm usually overly cautious -- I would opt to just take another picture. A few minutes and minor inconvenience is worth the peace of mind.

• mattmorris522mattmorris522 Alum Member
    7 karma

Thanks for the replies! Yeah unfortunately it's past the deadline for June 12 picture changes, so I'll have to just go with it but good to know that it isn't some kind of hard and fast cutoff w/in the LSAC's internal system based upon when you uploaded the photo. Thanks again!