Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on how to attack RC

rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Reading Comprehension 213 karma

For the RC section, would you advise to start timed like J.Y.s version or not timed and then after getting a handle of structure then start timing like J.Y.s? Thank you so much!!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rogersalexandra7 said:
    For the RC section, would you advise to start timed like J.Y.s version or not timed and then after getting a handle of structure then start timing like J.Y.s? Thank you so much!!!!

If you're JUST starting out with RC, I don't see the harm in getting familiar with some passages untimed. However, use a timer that counts up instead of down so you can get a gauge of how long you're taking.

Ultimately we have to get good at taking a timed LSAT, so don't do untimed practice for too long. That said, if you don't understand the basics, timing yourself isn't going to help you get better... At least in my experience.

I probably did 3-4 RC sections untimed just to sort of expose myself to how the passages were structured. After that I began practicing the memory method and timing myself. There's plenty of tests at this point, so feel free to experiment and learn on the older exams.

Hope this helps! :)

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

oh ok! One more question haha, after we do the BMR and we realize which questions were not understanding should we just drill those specifically and then BMR them? Thank you again for all of your help! i really appreciate it!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rogersalexandra7 said:
    oh ok! One more question haha, after we do the BMR and we realize which questions were not understanding should we just drill those specifically and then BMR them? Thank you again for all of your help! i really appreciate it!

Of course, my pleasure!

If you notice a pattern of getting a certain question type wrong, I recommend going back through the lessons on that question type, and then drilling some more of that question type.