Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finishing my degree

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Law School Admissions 1723 karma

So i am planning on taking the September LSAT. I am almost done my bachelors, all i have left is a 6 week online capstone. My question is, can i apply to school without having finished my bachelors yet? I dont want to take the capstone during my LSAT prep. So i was considering taking it at some point next year but i want to be considered for early decision for fall 2018. Was wondering if schools will extend an offer when i have not completed my bachelors yet. As of right now i have 3.9 gpa and i dont think this capstone will change that. Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

The general answer is yes--- you can apply without having earned a bachelor's as most schools (all of the ones that I am aware of, I say most just in case other schools have different protocols) require you to indicate your anticipated graduation date, and it is traditionally the consensus that the bachelor's will be earned in the present academic year (the academic year in which you take the LSAT), preceding the year in which you seek admissions to law school. Most schools stipulate that a bachelors degree must be earned prior to matriculation, that is, up to the summer semester before the Fall in which you enter the law school.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Ahh ok so that shouldnt be a problem. Thanks so much for your help

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@achen013 said:
    The general answer is yes--- you can apply without having earned a bachelor's as most schools (all of the ones that I am aware of, I say most just in case other schools have different protocols) require you to indicate your anticipated graduation date, and it is traditionally the consensus that the bachelor's will be earned in the present academic year (the academic year in which you take the LSAT), preceding the year in which you seek admissions to law school. Most schools stipulate that a bachelors degree must be earned prior to matriculation, that is, up to the summer semester before the Fall in which you enter the law school.

Yup! :) I think you'll be just fine, op!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

yeah you definitely can apply without having finished your Bachelors! all K-JD's do it :P