Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who score high in LR

lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member

Hi,

I've been taking PTs with 32 minutes for all sections and felt quite challenging to get those difficult curve-breakers right in 32 minutes, especially for LR. I definitely think those extra 2-3 minutes could be very useful (currently getting 5-6 wrong combined), but for those who score high in LR, do you think 2-3 less minutes should not make a huge difference? How do you guys use the last 5 minutes of the section (in full 35 min section)? Should I rather go back to doing 35 min section PTs?

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I would recommend 35 minutes for PTs. It just makes more sense because that is what you are going to actually have on test day. It will also give you the time you need in order to figure out those curve breakers. There really isn't a significant benefit as to giving your 32 minutes.

I usually skip about 7 or 8 questions and I use the last fifteen minutes to answer those. Once I answer them, if I have time, I will go back over questions that I felt like answered too quickly.

Hope this helps!

• lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member
    227 karma

@JustDoIt Thank you so much for your comment! So are you saying you usually get to Q25 or 26 in 20 minutes? How do you usually score in LR sections with such pacing?

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

So I don't think I'm a representative sample where a vast majority of tests are retakes. But I usually do 1-21 in 20 mins with about 4 or 5 skips then I go back to my skips. Feels weird but I like it. I just know the last ones are generally so hard. Usually go about -2 or -3 doing so.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    I would recommend 35 minutes for PTs. It just makes more sense because that is what you are going to actually have on test day. It will also give you the time you need in order to figure out those curve breakers. There really isn't a significant benefit as to giving your 32 minutes.

I usually skip about 7 or 8 questions and I use the last fifteen minutes to answer those. Once I answer them, if I have time, I will go back over questions that I felt like answered too quickly.

Hope this helps!

Give yourself the full 35 minutes and be more vigilante with skipping. As soon as you read the stimulus 1-2x and its still not clicking, circle and move on. I was getting -7 wrong for months until I was bale to learn to skip and not look back. Now I think I am comfortably missing -3/-4 on older tests. Like @JustDoIt says, you then will time to go back and get those difficult curve breaker questions. AND you won't be as stressed! And a second pass is always helpful! :)