Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAS Registration... before or after the LSAT?

Hey, quick question: Should I register for CAS before the June LSAT? Is there any advantage to this? Or, can I just wait until after the exam? Where is the box to check if you want schools to be able to contact you after your exam is scored? I'm thinking fee waivers...

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

It doesn't really matter. I'd go ahead and get it now since it's good for 5 years. While you wait for your score, you can send in your transcripts and LORs etc.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

I would do it before. If you set it up you will get lots of emails with fee waivers for applications if you do decent on the test. (Which you mentioned).

It will also allow you to get the rest of your application uploaded while you wait for your scores, as accounts mentioned above. Ultimately, you have enough time before registration opens (sept).. so you'll be fine either way.

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    edited June 2017 659 karma

Also, it allows you to partly register before you officially pay for it. I haven't paid yet, but I have checked the box for "send scores to schools." There should be a blue link pertaining to CAS on the left side of the screen to get that process going.