Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy for Post CC

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hello everyone,

This is my last week of the CC before the PT's start and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I am still struggling with games and also want to utilize my copy of LSAT Trainer which I have not started. I am hoping to take the September LSAT and am shooting for around a 170 with my diagnostic being a 158.

With this being the case, should I delay PT'ing while I foolproof games from 1-35/read the Trainer? Or should I try and PT while foolproofing the games and reading the Trainer? To make a lot of questions short, what order do you think I should pursue and how much time should I dedicate to each?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hmm... I'm kind of finding myself in a similar situation. I've kind of looked through every LSAT book out there and never got through most of any of them. 7 Sage has been helpful so I am kind of just following it until the end, fool proofing, doing everything JY says and then at the end, if I still need another perspective or help, I'll reach for something more.

I think you should at least start fool proofing the games before PT'ing.

Also, maybe try following along one of The LSAT Trainer's study guides. They break it down into manageable chunks of work so you could probably do both.

First and foremost, I would focus on 7Sage and fool proofing, first, before anything else.

:)

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Hmm... I'm kind of finding myself in a similar situation. I've kind of looked through every LSAT book out there and never got through most of any of them. 7 Sage has been helpful so I am kind of just following it until the end, fool proofing, doing everything JY says and then at the end, if I still need another perspective or help, I'll reach for something more.

I think you should at least start fool proofing the games before PT'ing.

Also, maybe try following along one of The LSAT Trainer's study guides. They break it down into manageable chunks of work so you could probably do both.

First and foremost, I would focus on 7Sage and fool proofing, first, before anything else.

:)

Thanks Alex! That's what I plan on doing. I don't want to waste any of the newer PT's before I'm ready on the games front.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Hello everyone,

This is my last week of the CC before the PT's start and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I am still struggling with games and also want to utilize my copy of LSAT Trainer which I have not started. I am hoping to take the September LSAT and am shooting for around a 170 with my diagnostic being a 158.

With this being the case, should I delay PT'ing while I foolproof games from 1-35/read the Trainer? Or should I try and PT while foolproofing the games and reading the Trainer? To make a lot of questions short, what order do you think I should pursue and how much time should I dedicate to each?

Thanks!

If you decide to fool proof games first make sure to keep drilling LR and RC with that. Since its fresh you might forget a lot of it.

Alternatively, you can start PTing but take it slow. Take a PT every two weeks and use the majority of the days fool proofing games.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Thank you! @Sami